World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Well done sir.

Did you get hooked up on the Raids and Dungeons forum then?

While we are talking about UI stuff and game changes, its worth knowing that Blizz also changed how the mounts work too Si. They made it that instead of a mount being an item you use, a mount is now a spell you cast (a bit like Warlock and Paladin mounts always were.) The first time you click on a mount it will do a funny little animation and disappear off onto a new part of your UI.

The upshot of this is you can carry several mounts now without them taking up space, but if you used a mount macro before the patch it might not work now.

I put this up on the UI forums, hopefully it makes sense?

#showtooltip

/cast [flyable] Green Wind Rider; Green Skeletal Warhorse

Change the mount names to the mounts you have. Its probably easier to open up your mount page (shift & P), type /macro then just shift click every mount you want.

Flyable mounts first, then non flyable ones. If you have multiple mounts then you can do this -

#showtooltip

/castrandom [flyable] Red Riding Nether Ray, Swift Red Wind Rider; Black War Kodo,Black War Raptor, Dreadsteed, Frostwolf Howler, Purple Skeletal Warhorse

Again, change the names of the mounts. Flyable first, non flyable second.

Separate the mounts by commas. When you want to go from flyable to non flyable separate with a semi colon.

If anybody is bored tonight, I need a quick burn through lowbie underbog. Need 3 more q's in zangamarsh for an achievement. Can't seem to find any more regular q's there. Anyway I reckon it would take 3 of us no time at all.

I'm having such good fun with my destruction lock. Specced today to get Soul Link and Improved Succubus at the cost of Chaos Bolt.

It's definitely worth it. 15% damage reduction and instant seduction is great. Chaos Bolt will have to wait till I level to 76.

Was fighting a ret paladin in WSG today. Hit him with a 5.5k crit, was brilliant. Scored a 6k crit on a warrior earlier on as well. It's great watching them run towards you then just hit the deck and slide along a little bit.

Considering I'm in S1 gear, it's not too shabby. I have more than enough honour to upgrade to S2 now but I don't see the point with WotLK in 3 weeks.

As I always say, if I had decent gear I would be unstoppable. Roll on WotLK.

Still preferring my Mage at the moment, though i might try a SL/deep Destruction build on Nayson. I think his respec costs are probably down to 1g now. This spec might be good at 80. Improved Corruption to make the most of Glyph of Corruption, the usual Demo talents to Instant Seduce, plenty of firepower in Destro. There is a bit of room for manoeuvre with some of the "filler" talents in Destruction.

2j31bp4.jpg

Another fine screenshot too :nod:

Well, after **** around with Bartender for an hour on my Rogue and Mage and getting two UI's looking like I wanted I logged out for ten minutes and when I logged back in...

Yep, all the settings had been lost. No keybindings, Action bars reset to default positions. What a **** load of bollox. Read the forum and apparantly It's a common problem with version 4.

I have more than enough honour to upgrade to S2 now but I don't see the point with WotLK in 3 weeks.

They are wiping honour before WoTLK so you might aswell get the season two gear.

As many of you know we will be featuring a new Battleground, a dedicated world PvP zone and all new PvP items in Wrath of the Lich King. In order to make the transition from The Burning Crusade to Wrath of the Lich King flow as smoothly as possible, all accrued honor points will be reset at the launch of the expansion. We do this to ensure select players do not have an unfair advantage at level 80 from stockpiling honor to instantly purchase the newest Wrath of the Lich King PvP rewards. For those with unspent honor points prior to the release of the expansion, we will be offering a few upgrades and special rewards in next content patch solely for purchase via the honor system.

All Honor Tokens will be wiped as well. This reset should happen right before the launch of Wrath of the Lich King.

I have more than enough honour to upgrade to S2 now but I don't see the point with WotLK in 3 weeks.

They are wiping honour before WoTLK so you might aswell get the season two gear.

As many of you know we will be featuring a new Battleground, a dedicated world PvP zone and all new PvP items in Wrath of the Lich King. In order to make the transition from The Burning Crusade to Wrath of the Lich King flow as smoothly as possible, all accrued honor points will be reset at the launch of the expansion. We do this to ensure select players do not have an unfair advantage at level 80 from stockpiling honor to instantly purchase the newest Wrath of the Lich King PvP rewards. For those with unspent honor points prior to the release of the expansion, we will be offering a few upgrades and special rewards in next content patch solely for purchase via the honor system.

All Honor Tokens will be wiped as well. This reset should happen right before the launch of Wrath of the Lich King.

This is no longer correct as far as I have heard. Blizz have now said that honour will be able to be carried forward (with a limit of 75k). Not sure on the token limit, if there is one at all. I have seen this confirmed that the honour will not be wiped on the WoW Europe forums, although I can't be bothered to find the link. Also asked a GM about it, and they said the same thing. We will be able to carry it forward now. Only Arena points will be wiped. That was how it was a few days ago anyway, unless it has been changed since, which I doubt very much.

*Edited to put the link in to where it is said that bg honour will be carried forward by a blue:

use short links

Nays, any suggestions for a good PvP build for my Mage?

Is Arcane the way to go now?

I'd say go Arcane if you are lvl 70. It's great fun, and does well in both pvp and pve at the moment. Give it a go and see what you think. I'm loving it right now though. Full arcane!

Nays, any suggestions for a good PvP build for my Mage?

Is Arcane the way to go now?

I'd say go Arcane if you are lvl 70. It's great fun, and does well in both pvp and pve at the moment. Give it a go and see what you think. I'm loving it right now though. Full arcane!

Could you link your build for me please? And yes, my Mage is a 70.

This is what id do after having played full Arcane for a while now

Tier 1: Arcane Subtlety (2/2) and Arcane Focus (3/3)

I think these are fairly obvious. The anti pushback talent isnt needed, spell pushback got buffed for casters dramatically, with this and mana shield you shouldnt need it. Take the anti dispels, lower thread, +hit and lower mana costs.

Tier 2: Arcane Concentration (5/5) and Magic Absorption (2/2)

Clearcasting is a no brainer. I like Magic Absorbtion too. Gives you +70 to resist all magic schools for two talent points? You get mana back when you resist stuff too.

Tier 3: Magic Attunement (2/2) Spell Impact (3/3) and Focus Magic (1/1)

More range, more damage, and finally Mages get a good 11 pointer in Arcane (Focus Magic) which is a great buff. You stick it on a caster/healer, they get 3% to crit for 30 minutes. When they do crit, you get 3% to crit for 10 seconds. Stick it on anybody who will be critting a lot with spells.

Tier 4: Arcane Shielding (2/2) Torment the Weak (3/3)

I think if you use mana shield, and i do, then Arcane Shielding is a must have. Torment the Weak is a a must have talent for any Arcane Mage i think. 12% more damage to anybody who has a snare on them. And that snare can be anything from Frostbolt, to Slow, to Mind Fly, to Hamstring, to Crippling Poison..

Tier 5: Presence of Mind (1/1) Arcane Mind (5/5)

POM is superb for a one pointer, its a prerequisite for several other talents too. Arcane Mind gives you a lot more mana.

Tier 6: Prismatic Cloak (3/3) Arcane Instability (3/3) Arcane Potency (2/2)

Prismatic Cloak is lovely, 6% less damage taken is nice. Instant invisibility is **** awesome. The other stuff gives plenty of +crit.

Tier 7: Arcane Empowerment (3/3) Arcane Power (1/1)

Empowerment buffs the crap out of missiles and blast. Arcane Power is probably still the Mage talent to have in this tree.

Tier 8: Arcane Floes (2/2) Mind Mastery (5/5)

Reduced cooldown on Invisibility, Arcane Power and POM is gold. If you blow them every cooldown anyway. Mind Mastery is something of a no brainer.

Tier 9: Slow (1/1) Missile Barrage (5/5)

Slow is **** great. It doesnt cost three million mana to cast any more either. Missile Barrage is just fun. When it procs, your next Arcane Missiles cast goes off in half the time. Its like having a machine gun, and i dread to think what it does to your burst damage.

Tier 10: Spell Power (2/2)

No brainer.

Tier 11: Arcane Barrage (1/1)

Instant cast nuke on a 3 second cooldown that scales as if it were a 3 second cast? Whats not to like? Possibly the best 51 pointer in all of WoW at the moment?

That still leaves four points to do with as you please. I guess Improved Counterspell is difficult to turn down for two points. Im gutted i didnt take Inchanters Absorption on Eau, it looks great if you use Mana Shield a lot.

Rotations? Well, open with Slow, Arcane Barrage, Arcane Blast, Arcane Barrage (etc)

Use Arcane Missiles on Missile Barrage procs. Clearcasting Procs on whatever, but Missiles is still a good choice. Ive been using POM with Arcane Blast or Polymorph.

Oh, and no need to use Rank 1 nova anymore. Blizzard decided to make other ranks actually worth casting. The new rank 5 actually costs less mana than rank 1.

Warlock buffs :D

We have finished a fairly comprehensive look at the dps of various classes and specs and are concerned that warlock dps isn't quite where it should be. It's not abysmal by any means, but we think it should be a little higher.

To give warlocks a little extra nudge in PvP, we increased Soul Link up to 20% from 15%. You may already have this change.

In PvE, overall, we just think a lot of classes benefitted from getting the warlock buffs a little more than the locks benefited from getting everyone else's buffs. So we decided to just buff lock damage across the board (which will also help in PvP somewhat). Rather than change damage and coefficients of a lot of different ranks of spells, we just inflated talents that we were almost certain you'd already have. Shadow Mastery, Demonic Tactics and Emberstorm were all increased by 1% per rank for 5% total.

Let us know how that feels. The changes should go live before Nov 13.

Â