World of Warcraft

The_Rev

I came back to wow to check out the new skill changes and its crazy.

On progress this week- my guild one shot reliquary of souls, killed shahraz and the 3rd pull with half the raid not in shadow res gear, killed council on pull 3, and had illidan to 50% on pull 2. illidan will die tonight.

Blizzard have turned all the mobs to tourist mode. As a paladin I can now heal 2 tanks at once through beacon and raid heal through judgement of light.

I wonder how hard wotlk will be? On ej reports are that the new naxx is also seriously easy.

Blizzard have turned all the mobs to tourist mode. As a paladin I can now heal 2 tanks at once through beacon and raid heal through judgement of light.

Thats by design.

It happened to a certain extent in patch 2.0 before The Burning Crusade launched too.

Serious raiders have had a year and a half to kill Illidan, they have had six months to clear Sunwell. Complaining that the last three and a half weeks before Wrath of the Lich King hits suffers from trivial raiding due to the new talents is a bit silly really.

I played pre tbc and remember the pvp rewards patch that killed raiding but cant remember them nerfing all raid mobs by 30% (hp and dmg). I wouldnt of seen this otherwise but theres no achievement in any kills so its just a bit strange. We all have these shiny new toys and everyones dps has gone through the roof.

You will know that working on a boss for a month, even months gives great satisfaction when its dead, yesterday was just funny- no cheers. We just pulled all trash no cc and just aoed every group down. If it had stayed as is my guild would of killed ros and shahraz, with new skills probably illidan.

My guild will probably see some of sunwell- Im going back to warhammer

ps regarding judgements- you need to learn them from trainer.

My guild will probably see some of sunwell- Im going back to warhammer

How are you finding it? I think it's suffering from too many servers and not enough people to do the PQ's and Scenarios. I would go back to WoW if I didn't find endgame so boring.

I think it's suffering from too many servers and not enough people to do the PQ's and Scenarios.

I think everyone is just doing the scenario's which makes the game super boring. At least that's how it is on my server anyway.

I can usually find groups for pqs and my guild does them also so thats a not problem. The main problems i have are-

1) my computer is low spec for it so at times I have poor framerate

2) I fear if I dont keep up with my guilds levelling I might be out in the cold

3) leads on from this that Im unsure new alts will have a good time in this game

4) tons of bugs ( pretty staple for a launch mmo though)

Apart from that i really enjoy the story, scenarios (I have no problem getting groups- though im order) and have seen some really impressive rvr keep battles.

I do worry for the long term future of the game though. I'll level to 40 and then make a call on wotlk vs warhammer. I doubt I'll go hardcore raiding in wotlk- maybe these ten man thingamajigs.

Is it possible to move characters from an rp server to a pvp or normal one? Also, does anyone know how much it costs? I am so bored on the rp server now, as the guilds seem to be slow at progressing. When I first started Warcraft it was my first MMO and I didn't realise joining an rp server would be so dull (or exactly what it entailed). I rarely rp, and am mainly in it for raiding and pvp. Yet the server I am on seems to just be boring. I say this after having leveled two 70s on it and countless alts..... :(

I'm actually enjoying wow again, as I'm doing achievements and quests again, getting involved in real world pvp and avoiding raiding like the plague. I even think I'll get wotlk. You should come back for a bit si, they've actually made the game good fun again. (As long as you don't bump into a retri pally doing the same q as you!)

Just renewed.

So...

1. If I was going to level a new toon on Tarren Mill, what would anyone recommend? (Although I may just finish off my 45 Rogue).

2. Any MAJOR changes since last December?

3. Is it true the graphics had a bit of an overall on 3.0? Anything noticeable?

4. Best UI and add ons to use? I was always a Bongo man before.

Ta.

1] Finish your Rogue. But Mages a **** great fun at the moment. Arcane is brilliant. Its neat how the Frozen Shadoweave epics got changed from +frost power to all schools of magic too.

2] Not really, its still WoW. They made levelling require less XP per level, you get a mount at 30 now.

3] Yeah, the video quality seems higher but its difficult to explain. The most noticeable thing as of 3.0 are the real time shadows though, oddly they add a hell of a lot to the game.

4] http://www.spartanui.com/ < supposed to be one of the best ones out there, its a piece of piss to install too. Just extract from the zip, paste it into your Interface > AddOns folder. Boot the game. (alternative download)

Apparently there is a slight glitch that can be solved if you type /rl or /console reloadui

Oh, and 3.0.3, which is the first reaction to the patch we are on now.

World of Warcraft PTR Patch 3.0.3

Racial

* Shadowmeld: The cooldown will now start on use instead of on break.

* Devouring Plague: The bonus coefficient has been increased to be on par with other DoT spells. Base damage on ranks 7,8, and 9 decreased to partially compensate for better scaling.

Druids

* Druid talents points have been refunded. Players will need to visit a class trainer to relearn spells and abilities.

* Berserk: Now clears the cooldown on Mangle Bear.

* Earth and Moon and Moonfury (Balance) reduced from 5 ranks each to 3 ranks each.

* Eclipse: Buff duration extended to 15 sec and bonuses doubled. The cooldown has been increased to 40 seconds.

* Growl: Cooldown changed to 8 sec.

* Survival Instincts will no longer be on the Global Cooldown.

Hunters

* Aimed Shot: Added to Barrage and Improved Barrage talent.

* Animal Handler: Now increases your pet’s expertise by 5/10. (No longer increases the pet’s chance to hit.)

* Aspects now have a shared cooldown category of 1 sec and no longer have a start cooldown.

* Aspect of the Monkey: The Dodge chance has been increased from 8% to 18%.

* Aspect of the Viper: The per attack mana regeneration has been reduced by 50% but this ability now generates 4% of maximum mana every 3 sec. In addition, the per attack regeneration now also works on melee attacks.

* Disengage now fails if you’re rooted and is no longer on the global cooldown.

* Mana cost of Disengage has been lowered to 5% of base mana, down from 14%.

* Pets

* Rake (Cat), Scorpid Poison (Scorpid): Lowered damage of all ranks.

* Stampede (Rhino): Lowered the knockback to 10 yards.

* Raised the damage of exotic attacks: Spirit Strike, Lava Breath, Froststorm Breath, Acid Spit, and Stampede.

* Lowered the cost of pet specials from 25 to 20.

Mages

* Living Bomb: Mana cost reduced to be the same as Arcane Explosion.

* Reduced the mana cost of Fireball, Frostbolt, Frostfire Bolt, Arcane Blast, Arcane Missiles, and Arcane Explosion.

Paladins

* Enlightening Judgments now increases range by 15/30 (was 10/20).

* Infusion of Light (Holy) now affects Flash of Light too, reducing its cast time down to zero and can be used while moving.

* Judgements of the Pure: Haste increased to 3/6/9/12/15%.

* Repentance PvP duration reduced to 6 sec.

* Righteous Defense cooldown has been lowered to 8 sec (was 15 sec).

* Shield of the Templar now also reduces all damage taken by 1/2/3%.

Priests

* Divine Providence: This talent now also reduces the cooldown of your Prayer of Mending spell by 6/12/18/24/30%. With 5 points applied, it takes Prayer of Mending’s cooldown from 10 sec to 7.

* Shadowform: Devouring Plague, Shadow Word:Pain, and Vampiric Touch cast in Shadowform deal increased damage percentage equal to the player’s chance to get a spell crit on their target.

* Vampiric Touch: The Spell power coefficient has been doubled.

Rogues

* Combat Potency: Now only works with autoattacks (no more Shiv.)

* Fan of Knives changed to be castable with no targets, further improved the visual affect and it no longer plays an impact on the caster.

Shaman

* Improved Fire Nova Totem: Increases the damage done by your Fire Nova Totem by 10/20% and your Fire Nova totem has a 50/100% chance to stun all targets damaged by your Fire nova Totem for 2 sec.

* Lava Burst: The base damage has been increased by approx. 10%.

* Riptide: The initial heal amount has been increased on ranks 3 and 4 and periodic healing has been increased on all ranks.

* Storm Reach is now called “Elemental Reach” and now includes Lava Burst.

* Thunderstorm: Mana gain has been increased to 8%.

* Tidal Waves will now also proc with Riptide.

Warlocks

* Haunt: The cooldown has been changed to 8 sec, and refreshing the Haunt will trigger the heal from the existing Haunt.

* Shadowflame: Damaged increased approx. 75%. Coefficients unchanged.

Warriors

* Bloodthirst: Cooldown reduced to 5 sec.

* Improved Rend changed to 10/20%.

* Inferno: The Infernal is now useable indoors and the tooltip has been updated.

* Rend: Damage has been adjusted to be less base and more weapon based.

* Rend: Ranks 9 and 10 now do 35% more damage when the target is above 75% health instead of 4 times damage when the target is enraged. Sudden Death: Now has 3/6/9% chance on hit instead of 10/20/30% chance on crit.

* Titan’s Grip: Changed to 12% penalty instead of 15%.

Ive only quickly scanned it, but it seems mostly buffs except for the Warrior's sudden death talent which gets nerfed (probably needed it, 30% chance to be able to execute your target after a crit despite hits hitpoints was too good to be true)

Warriors seem to have gained the Warlock's Infernal too. :lol:

Cheers Nays.

I'll probably use the Mage and Rogue. I'll probably be nagging you for some pointers on the Mage talent spec.

Sounds like most of the Wars have gone completely prot and my cookie cutter build will be a bit poor as things stand.

I'll be on this evening, so who is still active?

I'm using Bartender for my UI, which looks to me like an updated Bongos. Nothing flash, just nice and functional. Oh and Xperl too of course. Can't find a working itemrack type mod which is a drag though.

Get your rogue out Si, you'll level him in time, abd I'll help where I can. I've just specced enhance and I do some decent damage. I love my two spirit wolves, I set them on some poor bugger in serpent lake, and he drowned.

Â