World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Please tell me someone did not just mention Warhammer a few posts back. As in the people that paint little men?! Never really grabbed me, whereas Warcraft is more open to all kinds of people. Warhammer seems a bit, pardon the phrase; sad. Just my opinion, that's all.

Please tell me someone did not just mention Warhammer a few posts back. As in the people that paint little men?! Never really grabbed me, whereas Warcraft is more open to all kinds of people. Warhammer seems a bit, pardon the phrase; sad. Just my opinion, that's all.

Some people would say WOW is sad :)

Some people would say WOW is sad :)

Very true, and I am one of those people, although I do play it. Just depends how far you let it go. Don't let it take over your life, as it's just a game. Warhammer is a bit more sad though to be honest. I have seen some of those Warhammer shops with people painting those figures and organising little battles and whatever. Not for me. Sorry if it sounds like I'm judging people, it is just an opinion.

Just made a troll hunter on Tarren Mill. If you play on there, hit me up. My name is Villa.

My pet will most probably be called Aston.

Ive got a Hunter called Fleshlight. :D

The only thing that would possibly make me renew was if all the old guard were to come back for WOTLK. But then I know I'd probably get suckered back into raiding again and I really don't want that.

The most fun I had in the last few months was in the arena with Si (and a bit with Tarj as well). We started off unutterably shite, but actually got quite good.

Its a very basic WoW.

Try not to think of it as an MMO. Its more of a standard RPG with online elements. Imagine a version of Durotar where everywhere was instance except Orgrimmar, Razor Hill, XR, Rachet, Camp T (and any other quest hub) was instanced. Its good and bad. Obviously its easy to turn your nose up that all of the instanced quest areas but it has pros and cons. Obviously you can have an effect on the world around you as you dont ever have to see the little spastic hunter doing the quest that you did yesterday or killing the guy you killed last month. Mankrik wouldnt still be looking for his wife if he was in GW. You can dip in and out too. You can hire NPC's as a quest group, so if you need a healer, you can get the computer to do it. If you need a tank you can get the computer to do it. Gear is less important, so is levelling. It rewards ability rather than time invested. Im not saying ability isnt rewarded in WoW, but i hope you know what im driving at. I couldnt enter the arena now for example, the gear gap is too big for me to ever make up. I dont think that is the case in GW.

Its a very different experience. I dont think its as good as WoW based on my initial impressions, it doesnt feel like that living, breathing world that WoW does when its on form but its different enough an experience to take a punt on.

Try not to think of it as an MMO. Its more of a standard RPG with online elements. Imagine a version of Durotar where everywhere was instance except Orgrimmar, Razor Hill, XR, Rachet, Camp T (and any other quest hub) was instanced. Its good and bad. Obviously its easy to turn your nose up that all of the instanced quest areas but it has pros and cons. Obviously you can have an effect on the world around you as you dont ever have to see the little spastic hunter doing the quest that you did yesterday or killing the guy you killed last month. Mankrik wouldnt still be looking for his wife if he was in GW. You can dip in and out too. You can hire NPC's as a quest group, so if you need a healer, you can get the computer to do it. If you need a tank you can get the computer to do it. Gear is less important, so is levelling. It rewards ability rather than time invested. Im not saying ability isnt rewarded in WoW, but i hope you know what im driving at. I couldnt enter the arena now for example, the gear gap is too big for me to ever make up. I dont think that is the case in GW.

Its a very different experience. I dont think its as good as WoW based on my initial impressions, it doesnt feel like that living, breathing world that WoW does when its on form but its different enough an experience to take a punt on.

Agree with most of that.

Its a very basic WoW.

But I think that sells it very short to be honest. Probably because I have played it for considerably more time and so I have seen much, much more of the game than yourself.

Anyway, back on-topic, as I haven't been following the expansion details does WOTLK have anything that we haven't all seen before? Or just more of the same at a higher level cap?

I did qualify my opening remark with everything i wrote after!

Anyway, ive been playing WoW for a little bit this evening. Bugs Bunny liked to say "aint i a stinker?" and i can now say the same.

wowscrnshot093008212702hc0.th.jpg

Poor old Shaman. To be fair, he was two levels above me but stealth gives such a massive advantage in PvP there was little he could do to stop me camping him. And boy is it fun on a Rogue. Its not like other classes where you are in, kill, and out. You can **** with people. I was just sapping this fella, popping his totems and running off again. Distracting him and watching him squirm. But when attacked he couldnt really do anything. By the 7th or 8th kill id figured out that i could have 4 combo points on him before my initial stun ended. All i needed to do that was generate one more combo point and hit him with a rupture which puts a nasty dot on him. Then its just a case of watching him bleed and keeping pressure on with white damage so i can save my energy to kick his heal. :nod:

Is that Quest Helper I can see in your screen shot? :D Anyway, what are the other mods you have? Your screen lucks much tidier than mine.

Just what I was gonna ask him too after seeing the screenshot..

C'mon Rev, help some newbies! :)

Have Cartographer at moment..

Aye, its quest helper. Ive served my apprenticeship and levelled a toon to 70 before it even existed, so no noob jokes please.

My UI is just a customised version of PhotekUI which im sure you can find if you google it. Im thinking of changing it as its my old UI from about six months ago and perhaps things have moved on since i last played the game. The sticky on the WoW EU interface forums looks interesting. I see from that thread that Mazzle UI got updated, so if you have a half decent PC, install that. Its all kinds of lovely.

Â