World of Warcraft

The_Rev

This was his last message on the BOTS message board

horde pvp on deathwing was unstoppable u couldnt even get out the base with the flag

and then a couple of days later he was dead. Weird, and makes you think. TBH I'm glad I'm not playing any more, I doubt anybody wishes they'd played more computer games just as they're about to snuff it.

Reading the news report, it seems he died in an accident. You could get by a bus tomorrow, you could fall off your bike tomorrow. I dont think its the same thing as knowing you are going to die and thinking of ways to make your final days fuller. Perhaps people dont think "i wish id played more Videogames" as they take their final breath because videogames arent really that important compared to things like family, friends (etc) but pretty much anyone who can afford to will spend their time doing things they enjoy. Is playing WoW any less "worthy" than spending evenings watching TV, sitting in the local talking shit with the same three people you have been talking shit with for the last 10 years or any other of the equally mundane things that the vast majority of the population fill their days with?

Yes, when someone you know dies it makes you think. Even if it was just someone who happened to be in the same guild on Warcraft. Maybe it makes you think a bit more when you find out he is of a similar age and lived not far from you, but im not sure that it means you are wasting your life if you arent hang gliding one day, running a marathon the next and heading out on safari the day after.

Sorry Nays, I didn't mean that games and Warcraft in particular are any a less a valid passtime than any of the other things you mention, but I had got to the stage where I was logging on at times purely for the sake of it, when I could have been spending more time with the family etc.

Everything in moderation is perhaps more what I was trying to say, rather than "go out backpacking to Nepal instead". For me I was spending an unacceptably high amount of time playing WoW, but then the game is based exactly around getting people to do that. Not that I didn't enjoy it, or have some greta times in game.

Posting this from Thailand, stay safe you slackers!

And you matey.

Did your mom give you 'something for the weekend'? Dispell doesn't work you know ...

• 2 weeks later...

I have now hit lvl 70 with my rogue (first time have been lvl 70), as I'm quite new to the game. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone could provide me with some advice on what gear to aim for so that I can start doing Kara runs with my guild? I am thinking of getting the two pvp swords and perhaps one other pvp epic item to tie me over until actually running kara and getting better quality gear. This alone is a problem as I heard season 4 gear is coming out. Should I wait? Also, the biggest problem is the rest of my gear. Any advice on some good pieces would be much appreciated. I'm not a LWer by the way, so I can't craft my own items, yet there is a 360 LWer in my guild. So any items that he could make would be great, or any items you think I could get quite simply would also be great. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, i saw that video on Worldofraids last week. Its a bit like the old Warlock tanking Onyxia videos at 60 when players exploit the games itemization to allow them to do something that the Devs probably didnt want them to do. At T6 gear level, avoidance is far too easy to stack. You see all the whines about Rogues being unstoppable in PvP while sporting Black Temple gear. A lot of that is due to the fact that their special abilities offer them insane survivability (They have massive natural advantages over casters anyway, 6 ways to interrupt a spell for example. And Evasion. And Vanish. And Stealth.) and the avoidance and extra DPS they get from BT gear makes up for the loss of Stamina and Resilience. Blizz admitted to the playerbase that they **** up when they gave the mobs in Sunwell Plateau this buff .

To be honest, I've got a bit bored of WoW since I hit 70. Has anybody else had this? Some people say the game begins at 70. Yet, it just seems to be all about getting gear now, which will be nerfed in a few months when LK comes out anyway. I've rolled a Paly now, so I may just play as him until the expansion is out. Then go back to my rogue and lvl him to 80.

Endgame PvP is OK for a while, but it becomes a chore (as does the whole game).

The best part of WoW was/is the levelling imo. Particularly if there are a few people you know to do it with.

Ahhh, the memories.

Â