Running

trimandson

Still running but don't have time to update the map thing, riding 10 miles a week, running 4. Only because I am having leg trouble and if I try and run through it I suffer cramps. Working hard still.

Calf's still not right...I've been walking 3 miles a day and breaking into brief jogs and still feels strained. Probably have to get it treated, that must be about £30 a session or something.

Did you try ice massages for it? And then maybe a hot pack? Followed by some possible light stretching...maybe? Wish I could suggest more but other than an actual massage that's all I can think of.

I tried the ice massage and the stretching, probably didn't do it enough though. Didn't try a hot pack, but I think your supposed to apply heat before excercise instead of after.

After you have cooled down (hours after a workout) and you are just trying to take care of yourself the ice massage needs to be first and most important. It basically calms down any inflammation in the area. But then the hot pack will help loosen the tight muscle and relax it. I know it's not the same but I have to do this therapy to my left shoulder whenever it flares up or spasms a lot. I also do this for some of my clients. It does help.

And I just shaved 2 minutes off my run time this morning while only having 4 1/2 hours of sleep! WOOOOHOOOO!!!! *I would like to die now though*

Well, I work nights as well as days. So I have no choice. I have to run in the morning like it or not. Which is why in the winter.......I don't run.

My ankles and insteps are royally fecked. Ran 8 miles a month ago n me insteps n ankles still kill me when l try to run. Managed 3 mile this morning before the pain got too bad :(

It sounds funny but a really good way to strengthen your feet is to start picking stuff up with your toes. My ankles were always weak and I have high arches so when I used to play sports they would fall. Since I hate shoes and only wear them when I must a doctor told me, "instead of spending tons of money to come see me, pick stuff up with your toes" ......I started doing that and almost never have a problem with my feet anymore. It's worth a shot at least.

My ankles and insteps are royally fecked. Ran 8 miles a month ago n me insteps n ankles still kill me when l try to run. Managed 3 mile this morning before the pain got too bad :(

It sounds funny but a really good way to strengthen your feet is to start picking stuff up with your toes. My ankles were always weak and I have high arches so when I used to play sports they would fall. Since I hate shoes and only wear them when I must a doctor told me, "instead of spending tons of money to come see me, pick stuff up with your toes" ......I started doing that and almost never have a problem with my feet anymore. It's worth a shot at least.

How about a balance board? ME...what job do you do exactly?

I'm an LMT. I specialize in deep tissue and NMT work but I also do sports, pregnancy,and swedish massage.

Did 1.4 miles in 12 mins last night with a 2 min stop to cross a busy road. That's a personal best for me and it was a flat out fast jog all the way round. I reckon that was a 10 minuter without the forced stop.

Cardiotrainer

Really wanna take a day off work and go running around the Malverns. I need to wait until I can be reasonably confident it's a nice day though.

I'm an LMT. I specialize in deep tissue and NMT work but I also do sports, pregnancy,and swedish massage.

Thanks for the advice. Will try that later. Went for a walk today and ended up doing roughly 16 miles round Cannock Chase and back into Cannock. Loved every minute of it .

Â