Christmas Tree

Richard

What's your preference  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What's your preference

• Fake
    • Real
    • Neither

Prefer real but i'm looking after a dog this year & aparently they just piss on the real ones.

Surely they would just do it on a fake on aswell? Or is it just the smell?

I think the pines can be quite dangerous for a dog, certainly can get in the paws.

I was always told as a child growing up that the reason we didn't have a real tree was because of the dogs anyway.

What breed are you looking after?

Oh puhhhleeease. Not you btw Laura, rather the people trying to protect dogs from the dangers of pine needles. We've always had dogs and always had real trees and the dogs have never had any pine-needle injuries. World gone mad.

Prefer real but i'm looking after a dog this year & aparently they just piss on the real ones.

Surely they would just do it on a fake on aswell? Or is it just the smell?

I think the pines can be quite dangerous for a dog, certainly can get in the paws.

I was always told as a child growing up that the reason we didn't have a real tree was because of the dogs anyway.

What breed are you looking after?

Jack Russell.

Oh puhhhleeease. Not you btw Laura, rather the people trying to protect dogs from the dangers of pine needles. We've always had dogs and always had real trees and the dogs have never had any pine-needle injuries. World gone mad.

I guess if you hear something as a child, it sticks with you. But it certainly wasnt something I'd ever seen any proof of. Perhaps my parents, parents instilled it in them too.

Perhaps it was a clever way of my parents not confessing that we couldnt afford a real tree? Or that they didn't like the smell?

Blaming the dogs may well have been so we wouldn't begrudge the decision as a child.

Who knows... lol

If you have a dog and want a real Christmas tree, the simple (and obvious) solution is to not buy the cheapest, nastiest tree you see. My mum had a few real ones when we were kids. One would shed needles if you so much as farted near it. One was still fully green when it was taken down on the twelfth night.

Not having one this year, as we won't be here over the christmas period, we are leaving the house on the 19th and won't be back until the 12th (and the monitored alarm will be on (direct dial to the police BTW) for all you dodgy types ;)) so doesn't make sense, as we normally put ours up the weekend before Christmas eve.

However we would have a real one, and there would be be no tinsel or any other tacky decorations, beads and tasteful baubles only, with white lights.

The tree is the only decoration we have, anything that hangs on walls, ceilling, doors, windows, on your roof, or in the front garden is frankly tacky and tastless IMO.

Â