Procrastination

Straggler

I'd love to 'retire'.   I'd feel liberated not being tied down to fixed schedule and having my employer owning 50% of my waking hours.  Only having 4 weeks out of 52 where I'm free to do anything for more than a couple of days does not suffice.

I'd still work/volunteer and I'd also enrich myself by learning a language or an instrument or something.

And I'd still have to time to wank and play PlayStation.

Once someone explained to me about Parkinsons Law (any task will expand to the time allocated to it) I've realised that any task I don't want to do, gets done if I set a timer for it. It's a strange concept, but I spend 15 minutes a day doing 'house' jobs and I get so much more done than if I did it without a timer on a weekend. 

1 hour ago, T-Dog said:

Once someone explained to me about Parkinsons Law (any task will expand to the time allocated to it) I've realised that any task I don't want to do, gets done if I set a timer for it. It's a strange concept, but I spend 15 minutes a day doing 'house' jobs and I get so much more done than if I did it without a timer on a weekend. 

Parkinsons Law? Shaky at best. 

• Haha 1

Under duress loaded  the boot with rubbish for the tip Tuesday and it is still in there. The other half is borrowing my car later so hoping for  devine intervention and then a bollocking (which i will gladly take if she gets rid) 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Under duress loaded  the boot with rubbish for the tip Tuesday and it is still in there. The other half is borrowing my car later so hoping for  devine intervention and then a bollocking (which i will gladly take if she gets rid) 

That is a classic. Although there is a hint of non-cooperation protest in there. Sort of like Gandhi.

• Haha 1

Â