Ratings & Reactions: FAC4R: Villa v Chelsea

limpid

Match Polls  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/02/24 at 23:59

Did anyone else leave the ground last night thinking that Chelsea might just find Leeds slightly difficult to get past in the next round and hoping that if they do, they get the draw that would have been waiting for us in the QF's (Manchester City or Liverpool away)? ;) (Not that I am in any way bitter, about the result)...

Men against boys last night, our midfield got destroyed by Gallagher and Fernandes. The lack of energy from our team was a major worry and we were bullied all night by athletes v part timers. Why that keeper was wasting time i do not know because we did it ourselves  by just passing around the back and never looking to be positive.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pinebro said:

If that was true they would be 20th not 11th 

why?.....they have dropped points in 13 games....so, I think its only fair to say, many teams, have had purchase on them.

The game clearly showed we was nowhere near them, in terms of marking.....you do that, teams are bound to look good.

Edited by TRO

4 hours ago, AVTuco said:

We're too nice and soft. 

yes we are....and we have been, when we was winning.

We don't just need performances like that, to see it.

Edited by TRO

7 hours ago, R.Bear said:

We don't need it? We haven't won a trophy in 28 years, the longest drought in our entire history. Even if we qualify for the Champions League, what if we bomb out in the group stage like Newcastle?

Winning trophies should be an absolute priority and it amazes me that any fans could think otherwise, given our horrendous record in this competitions in the last few decades and lack of silverware.

It was the manner of the defeat, thats worrying, and the passive approach to the game itself.....We seem to be learning nothing, right now, and each game is throwing up similar traits.

Unai had the expression of the mayor of Hiroshima last night.....that is how bad it was.

Justin Hawthorne UTV podcast , called it out.....thats how bad it was.

I never went last night, but I will be going on Sunday....fingers firmly crossed.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pinebro said:

We beat them in the league. 

I don't think you can appreciate how competitive the league is. Any team can beat anyone on their day. 

We beat them in the league, because we played better, and garnered the disciplines required.

Any team can beat anyone..........Especially if they compete.

18 hours ago, John said:

Did anyone else leave the ground last night thinking that Chelsea might just find Leeds slightly difficult to get past in the next round and hoping that if they do, they get the draw that would have been waiting for us in the QF's (Manchester City or Liverpool away)? ;) (Not that I am in any way bitter, about the result)...

Once we are out of the cup, I take no interest in the competition.  So usually that is from January onwards.

• Haha 1

Took a day away from here after Wednesday as the performance was so far I just couldn’t take reading about it. 

It’s very unlikely any team other than City or Liverpool win the FA cup in my opinion so not having to play those extra few games could be crucial to getting top 4 or 5. 

Last time we lost two at home in a row they were both 4-2’s and then we went on a great run.  Hopefully the same can happen again after two 3-1’s. 

Â