Summer Transfer Window (2024/25)

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

MaVilla

40 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Define credible ?

Im the shitest in the know ever you’ll ever meet but an old work colleague from OUFC now works for Wasserman Group. We are a very tight lipped outfit with NDA’s etc used and I only hear from him what’s he’s heard from other clubs of our interest and enquiries or players we didn’t sign. Never anything concrete about us from our side. We don’t leak anything unless it’s controlled and benefits us.

I know Mateta almost joined us before injury a few seasons ago, that Jonathan David has been a target for years, we held talks about signing Mykolenko before he went to Everton. None of this is credible as it didn’t happen but it’s from a fixer at a large agency. Not sure what my point is but basically it’s a minefield what’s credible and what isn’t in this age of attention seeking ITk on Twitter or clickbait journalists. 

Particular writers, particular foreign news sites, even a long standing forum poster who says they have heard something.

not football transferzzzz.net.org.nigeria 😂

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Someone post the links of why people are talking about Barclay and Ndidi

Yes, my Lord. Here to serve you.

P.s. Barclay - LOL.

Edited by PaulMcGrath_5

6 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Yes, my Lord. Here to serve you.

P.s. Barclay - LOL.

auto correct on a phone, also get a life.

All I'm trying to do is talk to fellow fans about why two players are suddenly being talked about, no need to be a prick.

21 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Just go to twitter.com search fabrizio Romano and then search Barkley on his page. 

21 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Several valid reports on Barkley (surprised you haven’t seen any), including Telegraph article. Nothing on Ndidi… unless someone on a podcast hearing “whispers” means anything…

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

All I'm trying to do is talk to fellow fans about why two players are suddenly being talked about, no need to be a prick.

You're very rude. It's unpleasant.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Just go on the Barkley thread, very active.

Not sure Ndidi is what we need or good enough, even as a backup.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I can’t help it, soz.

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Several valid reports on Barkley (surprised you haven’t seen any), including Telegraph article. Nothing on Ndidi… unless someone on a podcast hearing “whispers” means anything…

I saw people post some aggregate stuff from twitter accounts no idea where they got it from.

As for Ndidi I guess someone on here said they wanted him and people have ran with it?

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

As for Ndidi I guess someone on here said they wanted him and people have ran with it?

Yeah, people just ran with it. Came out of nowhere.

Get the red and green bars out.

15 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

not even sure the author believes it 🤣

'I sort of think that maybe this club might be interested in enquiring about a player. Or not. Dunno. Whatever' 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Isnt ndidi quite injury prone? Dont think i fancy another one of those tbh

Yes, but what happened to him in the last what 3 or 4 years to take him from being linked for 60m pound moves to places like Liverpool to can't get games in the Championship and being generally crap?

Still valued at 60m on transfermarkt in the summer of 2022.... only plays half the minutes for Leicester in the championship with their fans moaning about him. Something is weird there.

Edited by paul514
  • Thanks 1

Just now, paul514 said:

Yes, but what happened to him in the last what 3 or 4 years to take him from being linked for 60m pound moves to places like Liverpool to can't get games in the Championship and being generally crap?

Yeah thats my thoughts.  Surely a PL club would have grabbed him last sunmee when tehy went down or in jan?

Not sure on ndidi tbh. I can get on board with barkley but ndidi meh

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah thats my thoughts.  Surely a PL club would have grabbed him last sunmee when they went down or in jan?

missed 55 games in the last three seasons apparently, he isn't even a good passer. When he was playing well he was just really good at winning the ball back IMO.

I don't like either story/suggestion 

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah thats my thoughts.  Surely a PL club would have grabbed him last sunmee when tehy went down or in jan?

Unai can elevate most players but… I don’t know if he’s good in possession and can pass the ball well… any player coming in has to be really technically gifted. 

Is he much of an improvement on Dendoncker? Last thing we need is another version of him… it’s one thing having height and strength but we need mobility and composure on the ball… we are a passing team.

Â