Worst Vegetable?

ender4

What is your worst vegetable to eat?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. What is your worst vegetable to eat?

• Broccoli
    • Cabbage
    • Sprouts
    • Aubergine
    • Spinach
    • Beetroot
    • Celery
    • Courgette
    • Sweetcorn
    • Other (please explain below)

Surprised broadbeans is not on the list, for one..

Try cooking them, removing the skins while still hot, and pureeing the inner beans with good olive oil and garlic, salt & black pepper. A long way away from the sqeaky teeth rubbery sensation which puts so many people off. You can also add cream, or chili, serve as a veg or as a spread on bruschetta...

Asparagus. Vile.

Overboiled is not good.

Try it grilled slowly on a ridged grill pan, the asparagus coated in olive oil before grillling, sprinkled with sea salt and black pepper while cooking, then sprinkled with slivers of Parmesan. Very different from the soggy, mushy crap served up by poor restaurants.

But only do this in May and June when it's in season, else you'll be eating stuff flown from Peru.

Parsnips. **** despise them. you know when you're a kid and you don't like loads of vegetables, but then as you grow older you grow out of it and start to enjoy more veg. Yeh well that happened to me, except for Parsnips.

What he said. Absolutely f**king awful things. Genuinely vomit inducing.

Broccoli for me - days of being force fed :puke:

Reminds me of the joke.

Broccoli is like sex. If it's forced on you as a child, odds are you wont like it as an adult :lol:

Parsnips. **** despise them. you know when you're a kid and you don't like loads of vegetables, but then as you grow older you grow out of it and start to enjoy more veg. Yeh well that happened to me, except for Parsnips.

What he said. Absolutely f**king awful things. Genuinely vomit inducing.

Nonsense.

Roasted in duck fat, with roast chicken...

curried parsnip soup...

parsnip crisps...

I used to hate parsnips when I was a kid, but I have seen the light. God be praised. Hallejula.

Fennel for me - f**king disgusting, strange how I like aniseed though but this stuff is just plain wrong!

How was it cooked when you had it, and what exactly didn't you like? Too soft/crunchy, too dry/oily, too much/too little flavour? Did you have it shredded raw in salad, sliced and sauteed, or what?

Fennel for me - f**king disgusting, strange how I like aniseed though but this stuff is just plain wrong!

How was it cooked when you had it, and what exactly didn't you like? Too soft/crunchy, too dry/oily, too much/too little flavour? Did you have it shredded raw in salad, sliced and sauteed, or what?

Peter I love all these posts with your avater - I thought I'd stumbled across some cookery agony aunt page.

Fennel is bloody lovely though. Swede is the only one I don't like much, but even that has it's place.

Can't believe I'm the only one that hates Courgette. :puke:

Try this:

Cut in half, then quarter lengthways. Dip in seasoned flour, then beaten egg, then breadcrumbs mixed with grated Parmesan and black pepper. Deep fry, maybe 3-4 mins at 170. Drain on paper towels. Serve hot with anchovy mayonnaise.

Or else eat them raw, sliced fingernail thickness and mixed in a salad with (for example) butter beans, capers, red peppers, herbs, and a dressing of olive oil, mustard and a little lemon juice.

Peter I love all these posts with your avater - I thought I'd stumbled across some cookery agony aunt page.

Fennel is bloody lovely though. Swede is the only one I don't like much, but even that has it's place.

Cheers mate.

Swede is one veg I really don't like. Up here they call it tur-nip, and call tur-nip swede, which is unhelpful. They then go on to call swedes (alias turnips) "neeps", and have a ceremonial meal each year consisting of haggis, neeps, and tatties. This involves parading the stuffed entrails of a sheep around a room of drunker revellers, while someone recites a Burns poem and someone else gives a spontaneous address in reply, before eating the said meal, sadly including neeps.

If they cut out the neeps and the ceremony, and made it a poetry reading with haggis and whisky, it would really be pretty good.

**odd spelling of tur-nip in order to defeat the word filter, which I gather is an automatic yellow card. I can only throw myself on the mercy of the mods, and plead that my usage was in a context completely removed from what the particular filter is there to deal with. But it wouldn't make a great deal of sense to say "turnip", would it?

Â