Chisom Afoka

VILLAMARV

Large

https://www.bradfordcityafc.com/news/2023/september/afoka-joins-on-loan/

Bradford City AFC is delighted to announce the deadline day signing of winger Chisom Afoka, on a season-long loan from Premier League side Aston Villa.

The 19-year-old arrives at the University of Bradford Stadium for the remainder of 2023/24, having spent the past three years at Villa Park.

Afoka joined Villa from West Bromwich Albion in July 2020, winning the FA Youth Cup in 2021 before progressing to the under-21s side.

Last season, he netted five goals in 17 Premier League 2 Division Two outings, to help earn the young Villans promotion to Premier League 2, in which he has made three appearances so far this campaign.

Good luck to the lad

• Like 2

He's a hard working player, capable of making things happen when he runs at players and believes in himself, this is a great opportunity for him. Looking forward to hearing about how he does.

Another one we took from West Brom

• Like 2

Bit shocked out of all our academy players I could see playing in the lower leagues, a lad I'd never heard of gets a move to a good league 2 side - @useless has he flown under the radar due to others shining brighter? Or injuries? Or am I just being ignorant and he's a real prospect. 

I don't think he's one of the most highly rated players in the academy, but still decent, I guess he's in a similar category to the likes of Brad Young, Raikhy, Lindley, and so on, but he's a year younger than those, and now he has a chance at first team football, and at a decent level, and might do better than those players, I wouldn't put it past him to do well, as as above works incredbily hard, which could take him far, and has some raw ability to go with it.

He's same age now as Azaz was when he had his first loan, so if he does well who knows where it could take him.

• Thanks 1

On 01/09/2023 at 17:25, useless said:

I don't think he's one of the most highly rated players in the academy, but still decent, I guess he's in a similar category to the likes of Brad Young, Raikhy, Lindley, and so on, but he's a year younger than those, and now he has a chance at first team football, and at a decent level, and might do better than those players, I wouldn't put it past him to do well, as as above works incredbily hard, which could take him far, and has some raw ability to go with it.

He's same age now as Azaz was when he had his first loan, so if he does well who knows where it could take him.

It's possible the coaches/scouts have been able to identify that his ceiling is higher than some others, even if he's progressing more slowly for now.

• 4 weeks later...
Â