Who would you drop to get Milner in?

pete165

Who would you drop to accommodate Milner?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you drop to accommodate Milner?

• Barry
    • Petrov
    • NRC
    • Ashley Young
    • Luke Young

on totday with no doubt and no question

Barry ....

MON I am afraid bottled it

What was wrong with barry today - he played really pretty well I thought

did he Pete ?

not saying ayone played badly today (apart from Carew mind you) but Barry was the worse of the three and drifted out in the 2nd half

sorry Milner HAS to start and thus someone HAS to be dropped and that for me is Barry

otherwise should we continue with NRC on the right whe for most he or Petrov would have been very close to MOTM which for me was Davies

Its all about compeittion for places isnt it? Reo-Coker, who before today must have been favourite to make way, was MOTM by quite some distance. This is what having quality players on the bench does. Barry played well, Petrov too. Who will he drop for MIlner? I dont know any more, except to say it definitely wont be Barry, who he described less than a week ago as "guaranteed to play"

For me it's a straight choice between Barry or Petrov to play alongside Reo Coker.

It's Barry for me, which is tough on Petrov, but I think we'll play enough games for him to get involved. Sidwell must be wondering if he's left one bench for another.

Bicks, any chance of a poll?

I revkon it will be

Milner - Reo - Barry - Young in the prem

and

Milner - Petrov - Barry - Young in Europe

As for Sidwell I reckon he will play in a midfield 3 , with either barry and reo or barry and petrov when we play top sides like arsenal and man u when we need more bodies in midfield.

Barry ....

What was wrong with barry today - he played really pretty well I thought

did he Pete ?

not saying ayone played badly today (apart from Carew mind you) but Barry was the worse of the three and drifted out in the 2nd half

sorry Milner HAS to start and thus someone HAS to be dropped and that for me is Barry

otherwise should we continue with NRC on the right whe for most he or Petrov would have been very close to MOTM which for me was Davies

I'm sorry but i agree with ian, barry wasnt brilliant today and i hope he gets better as the season goes on otherwise petrov will play with NRC

why the hell should Petrov drop out instead of BArry ??

Petrov played so well today and the previosu games it would be so unfair

is Barry an 'untouchable' ?

I thought Barry was the far better of the two today.....he also played the pass of the match to put Young in....

I thought Barry was the far better of the two today.....he also played the pass of the match to put Young in....

I thought so too. Additionally, Barry can and does play the key passes or crosses that lead to goals, Petrov doesn't.

I think if Barry is fit he plays, because he has a something that we dont have anywhere else really - just that little quality on the ball. i cant believe the slagging he is getting after today to be honest, it wasnt a brilliant performance from him, but it was perfectly Ok, especailly after he moved to full back actually. Id ton recall him surrendering possession cheaply, or making any wrong options with his passing. I'm a bit puzzled by the hate.

It must be fantatastic for Mon and us as fans for the first time in years to have a headache such as this. It should also be remebered that Sidwell will come into the midfield equation soon. Obviously someone will miss out but I honestly couldn't say who. Guess thats what Mon gets paid a fortune to decide.

it was indeed worth a debate - no consensus to be found, which is a good sign for our club.

indeed mate but a descion has to be made

not playing milner in a 433 is fine but not a 442 ...

in fact as I said he showed MON lacked bottle

I don't like the idea of dropping Barry TBH but both Petrov and Reo-Coker were superb today IMO and cannot be dropped.

----------------------------Friedel----------------------------

--Young--------Laursen----------Davies--------Shorey---

----------------------------Petrov----------------------------

-----------------ReoCoker--------Barry----------------------

------Milner/Gabby-------Carew------------------Young----

?????????

Barry ....

Got to agree with Ian on this one. That fat b*****d put the boot into the Club this summer. He should be the one dropped. He has to earn the right to wear our shirt. Picking a player who slagged the club off instead of one who said nothing is sending out the wrong message. I ain't happy he put the ball out for Torres.

For what it's worth MON did bottle it today regarding James Milner.

Â