Wasted Talents

KentVillan

14 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

He was as French as they come, no way was a French player going to make it in the old First Division. The day's of the Charles Hughes philosophy, "get rid of it", put it in the box", "get on the end of it". There really was some terrible football in the late 80s. That Wimbledon team were just thugs who bullied there way to lifting the FA cup, Hanson and Lawrenson were traumatised by that occasion, you could see fear on the faces of Liverpool players. Remember the tackle from Vinny Jones on McMahon in the first minute? I don't even think he got booked. 'The Crazy Gang', they were absolutely awful. 

Reincarnated as Newcastle......just kidding.

But Newky do play the man a lot, when they are struggling in a game.

Edited by TRO

Just now, TRO said:

Reincarnated as Newcastle......just kidding.

But Newky do play the man a lot, when they are struggling in a game.

But at least they string at least one or two passes in a full 90 minutes. I don't think "The Crazy Gang," done that in the entire time they were together. It was anti - football. 

24 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

But at least they string at least one or two passes in a full 90 minutes. I don't think "The Crazy Gang," done that in the entire time they were together. It was anti - football. 

They were good dribblers though Sheepy.

Dribbling.jpg

4 hours ago, Mantis said:

Weirdly I actually think J-Bowz slightly overachieved for us in a way.

Yeah fair point - I only really mentioned him as an excuse to post his gif!

If I was going for a serious answer then Stan Collymore would be high up on the list. He had all the ingredients of a top striker but it didn't work out for us as expected.

Â