Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2023/24

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

BOF

16 hours ago, villarule123 said:

Everyone bringing Haaland back in?

Considering another -4 this week now. Already gone Salah to KDB so Alvarez to Haaland might have to be done

15 minutes ago, bickster said:

Considering another -4 this week now. Already gone Salah to KDB so Alvarez to Haaland might have to be done

i'm waiting another week for haaland. i'm concerned about his minutes and think enough people will do the same that it won't massively hurt rank if he bags a goal or 2

5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i'm waiting another week for haaland. i'm concerned about his minutes and think enough people will do the same that it won't massively hurt rank if he bags a goal or 2

The flipside to that is if I can get him in at £13.9, I can afford TAA to replace Gomez next week, if he goes to £14.0 I can't in one move. Also if I get him in, captain him and he hauls it could actually be a huge differential this week for all the people who, with very much justification, want to wait a week. Also it will be Haaland for Alvarez so Alvarez also now becomes a minutes risk for me

If he starts, you have to have him. If he doesn't start, he might get half an hour against a tired Burnley. Either way he could hurt you. The latter means Alvarez might still do well so he's not a dead loss. It's a tricky one. But it wouldn't surprise me if Pep throws him straight in. For me KDB is the bigger noodle scratcher. I could easily do both this week for a -4 if I sell Saka but he has Forest. Oh to own a time machine.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, BOF said:

If he starts, you have to have him. If he doesn't start, he might get half an hour against a tired Burnley. Either way he could hurt you. The latter means Alvarez might still do well so he's not a dead loss. It's a tricky one. But it wouldn't surprise me if Pep throws him straight in. For me KDB is the bigger noodle scratcher. I could easily do both this week for a -4 if I sell Saka but he has Forest. Oh to own a time machine.

Yep, these are the FPL conundrums :D 

Salah to KDB wasn't that much of a head scratcher for me, Saka to KDB is a different question altogether

EDIT: My understanding was that Pep was asked the question about managing minutes with Haaland like they have with KDB and his response was that they were totally different injuries

Massive selection headache

Need to start 7 out of 8 of these:

Foden, Saka, Richarlison, Bowen, Palmer, Haaland, Watkins, Solanke

I've dropped Solanke :( 

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

Yeah I think, given the fixtures, it's Solanke or Palmer. It can't be any of the others. I don't expect Palmer to do much in Anfield but then the last time I benched him he got 18pts.

• Like 1

Just now, BOF said:

Yeah I think, given the fixtures, it's Solanke or Palmer. It can't be any of the others. I don't expect Palmer to do much in Anfield but then the last time I benched him he got 18pts.

Yep that's my dilemma with Palmer. Can't afford to drop him.

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

With that choice, it would have been palmer for me this week, away to Liverpool is one of the toughest fixtures out there

I'm starting both of them and it's Luiz I'm benching, and even then I'm nervous he could do something at home to Newcastle. He seems far better playing at home.

1 minute ago, BOF said:

I'm starting both of them and it's Luiz I'm benching, and even then I'm nervous he could do something at home to Newcastle. He seems far better playing at home.

I don't have a midfield benching dilemma, I still have Son :D 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

I don't have a midfield benching dilemma, I still have Son :D 

I see that. You had Son & Salah up to this week you mad **** :lol:

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

I see that. You had Son & Salah up to this week you mad **** :lol:

I was prepared for the pain until Salah got injured. Big green arrow without them last week

i'm predicting haaland doesn't start so not bringing him in. i accept the risk he could come on and get a goal or 2

KDB might not start but if he does then he doesn't play more than 60 mins IMO

watkins will play 90 mins almost guaranteed but much less of a guarantee of points

i've gone risky on captaincy with watkins...ultimately the game is supposed to be fun and it would make a double celebration if he scores tonight!

other possible captaincy options for me are walker or porro but those are more risky and could easily be 2 pointers

I've brought him in but I won't be captaining him. That's a step too far. Don't think I'll go with KDB this week, and I hope that doesn't bite me.

watkins captaincy not the worst in the end but how's your luck that the last kick of the game is his shot off target knocking down from 2 bonus to 1

Â