Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2023/24

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

BOF

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Not captaining Haaland this week means I can mischievously put him first sub and have him come on as an auto-sub for teh lulz.

somewhat related but wasn't there a bug in the early FPL days where if both your captain and vice captain didn't play, the captain chip defaulted to the player that scored the most points?

i think they changed it now that if such an event occurred you basically don't get a captain for that GW

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

somewhat related but wasn't there a bug in the early FPL days where if both your captain and vice captain didn't play, the captain chip defaulted to the player that scored the most points?

i think they changed it now that if such an event occurred you basically don't get a captain for that GW

I've been playing this since basically the very beginning and I never remember it defaulting to the highest points scorer. That would be a bit of a cheat code. You're right on the second point though. If you don't nominate someone who plays in either the captain or vice captain role, then you don't get a captain that week. Which is why they say it's good practice never to have your captain and vice captain playing for the same team (or against each other in the same game), in case that game gets called off for whatever reason.

12 minutes ago, BOF said:

I've been playing this since basically the very beginning and I never remember it defaulting to the highest points scorer. That would be a bit of a cheat code. You're right on the second point though. If you don't nominate someone who plays in either the captain or vice captain role, then you don't get a captain that week. Which is why they say it's good practice never to have your captain and vice captain playing for the same team (or against each other in the same game), in case that game gets called off for whatever reason.

i never tested it but i heard it was a thing...was many years ago and can't even remember where i heard that. was before the days of content creators, twitter etc

17 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i never tested it but i heard it was a thing...was many years ago and can't even remember where i heard that. was before the days of content creators, twitter etc

Yeah I've been playing it since 2006.

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If that was still a thing everyone would have two injured players in their squad so it could be exploited every week

it most definitely is not still a thing (if it ever was) i'm just sure i heard it used to be a loophole/bug in the early FPL days

again, not sure where i even heard it nor if it was true

On 04/10/2023 at 11:43, a-k said:

Now Estupinian is out...I really might be forced into a WC considering I had 4 planned transfers over the next 3 GWs and none of those included any my three crocked players

WC the week before the int'l break isn't enticing...think I can get away with 3 transfers for a -4 and stick Turner as GK with Eze, Olise, and Edouard out for CRY

Was going to stick with Haaland as captain but changed to maddison at the last min, spurs were so dominant for the first 15 mins but Luton have got a foothold in the game now.

got andersen Romero and udogie as my back 3 today and Leno in goal so hoping for clean sheet points and maybe a couple of goals/assists. 

midfield is saka maddison diaby and Bowen and a front 3 of alvarez Haaland and Watkins.

made my transfer this week as soon as the game finished updating, transferred the crocked chillwell out for trippier. Got 0.7 mil left in the bank, my next 2 transfers to be done over the next 2 gameweeks will be Romero out for Porro and then maybe digne out for cash, barring no injuries.

Quite happy with early kick off result! Sitting pretty on 24 points gained so far, only 3 of my players have played, maddison captain with 12 points and clean sheets for udogie and Romero. Bit annoying that maddison only got 1 assist and no goals and they had 10 men so lost that dominance of the game but I’m happy with that so far.

only got Leno and Andersen of Fulham and palace to play today then everyone else is tommorow. 2 more clean sheets and a header from a corner would be grand!

22 hours ago, a-k said:

WC the week before the int'l break isn't enticing...think I can get away with 3 transfers for a -4 and stick Turner as GK with Eze, Olise, and Edouard out for CRY

Went for the Spurs triple up netting 27 (-4) = 23 pointer

Rick And Morty Morty Dancing GIF - Rick And Morty Morty ...

I’m sitting pretty on 34 points so far, the only attacking player who played for my team today was maddison, he got 6 but as captain he returned 12

then udogie, Romero and Andersen all got clean sheets, returning 6, 8 and 6 points respectively. The only negative for me was Leno conceding earlier which ruined the CS.

got 67 points last gameweek so I’m hoping I can beat that tommorow 

Finishing on 77 (-4) and expecting a massive green arrow up to the highest ranking I ever recall being. In hindsight I didn't need the -4, but was a bit of a panic with how my team was falling apart.

ended up only getting 47 points, saka didnt play so i thnk JWP will be subbed on and he got 2, but it was noticeably poorer than last 2 weeks hauls, 70 and 67 respectively. Defence bailed me out this week, that will be boosted next gameweek with trippier. midfield and forwards had stinkers this week, barring maddison and ollie

green arrow after 4 consecutive reds. back to around 60k so pretty happy

disappointed with haaland's return obviously but i still stand by he's a set and forget captain. just one less thing to think about

Big captaincy decisions again this week. City home after 2 defeats and Haaland in a quiet period. Has explosion written all over it.

Salah in great form and home to Everton. Has explosion written all over it.

Son home to Flum after a quiet one. That could be a hattrick too.

Assuming nothing changes, this will be a rolling FT for me. Famous last words. 11 home ties, 10 of which are green according to FPL FDR. Brighton the only white.

So another shite gameweek coming up then.

45 minutes ago, BOF said:

Big captaincy decisions again this week. City home after 2 defeats and Haaland in a quiet period. Has explosion written all over it.

Salah in great form and home to Everton. Has explosion written all over it.

Son home to Flum after a quiet one. That could be a hattrick too.

Assuming nothing changes, this will be a rolling FT for me. Famous last words. 11 home ties, 10 of which are green according to FPL FDR. Brighton the only white.

So another shite gameweek coming up then.

got a bit of time to think about it at least

i know he's blanked a couple but i like not thinking about captaincy...just put it on haaland and hope for the best

Â