Retirement Planning / Pensions

Xela

8 hours ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Ya, but, lawyers.

7 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Could be worse, could be Bankers.

Reminds me of the old joke. Two newly arrived angels in heaven, strumming their harps and chatting. One says "To be honest, I was quite surprised I got in - I'd held hatred in my heart for bankers and lawyers. But apparently that was OK". 

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Are bonds useless now? 

Well, there are bonds, bonds and bonds. You might not get instant doubling of your money, but you do get a reliable, guaranteed return, over, or after, a certain period of time. 

It's all about having the money available when you need it. So you if you want the cash in two years, a bond might give you the best return without being tied in to something else, or the volatility of a stocks and shares investment. 

I'm a hit at parties. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Anthony said:

Well, there are bonds, bonds and bonds. You might not get instant doubling of your money, but you do get a reliable, guaranteed return, over, or after, a certain period of time. 

It's all about having the money available when you need it. So you if you want the cash in two years, a bond might give you the best return without being tied in to something else, or the volatility of a stocks and shares investment. 

I'm a hit at parties. 

I like talking about money . Haven’t got much of it, mind 

Â