Transport from BHX to Villa Park

Newry_Villan

Hey all, managed to bag two tickets for me and my boy to go over.  Coming over from Ireland. Looking to go there and back on same day but thinking fly out Saturday and do a Stadium Tour if available and could look at a premier inn close to the stadium.  So early flight from Belfast into Birmingham lands at 1200 on the Sunday, would we be giving ourselves enough time to get to the stadium and mingle take in the atmosphere etc?  Do trains operate between the airport and stadium?  What would people recommend for transport?  Our first game eeeek. :D 

Edited by Newry_Villan
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, Newry_Villan said:

Hey all, managed to bag two tickets for me and my boy to go over.  Coming over from Ireland. Looking to go there and back on same day but thinking fly out Saturday and do a Stadium Tour if available and could look at a premier inn close to the stadium.  So early flight from Belfast into Birmingham lands at 1200 on the Sunday, would we be giving ourselves enough time to get to the stadium and mingle take in the atmosphere etc?  Do trains operate between the airport and stadium?  What would people recommend for transport?  Our first game eeeek. :D 

Unfortunately I don't think they do stadium tours on matchdays so you might be out of luck there!

Trains operate between the airport and Birmingham New Street. You'd then need to change to get onto the line to Aston or Witton.

Landing at 12 would be more than enough time assuming it's a 3pm kickoff.

I also regularly get an Uber from the centre of Brum to the ground. They often have to drop you a 10 min walk away but it's not an issue. You could even get a cab from the airport straight to the ground if you wanted

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/05/2023 at 12:21, Newry_Villan said:

If I was you landing on the Sunday I'd just get a cab from the airport straight to Villa then enjoy the atmosphere there. You're gonna have a great time anyway

13 minutes ago, Ouchmefoot said:

4.30pm KO so  time for leisurely lunch and a few pints :) 

Yep you’ll have plenty of time. Depends how long you take to get out of the airport but you could feasibly be in the centre of Brum by 1:30

On 20/05/2023 at 18:43, Talldarkandransome said:

If I was you landing on the Sunday I'd just get a cab from the airport straight to Villa then enjoy the atmosphere there. You're gonna have a great time anyway

I did the stadium tour a few seasons back on a match day when we lost 3-0 to Swansea in The FA Cup so probably still do it, Give them a ring or look online 

Edited by Kingman

On 20/05/2023 at 18:43, Talldarkandransome said:

It might not be much faster tbh.  

Departures from International to New Street on Sunday.

Departures from New Street to Aston

Basically there are 6-7 trains an hour on both routes so it really is just turn up and go.  You can buy tickets on your phone while walking to the platforms so no need to even bother queueing 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’ve done DUB-BHX plenty of times so Belfast will be similar. Train to New Street, then a small a change to Witton. It’s cheap and cheerful and a good experience for a young land to see public transport in a different surrounding. Twelve o’clock landing is fine, you’ll be at VP before 1:30. You get to see St Andrew’s on the train, and you can stop in Witton Tesco for a sandwich before the match. It’s a 5 min walk from the train to the North Stand. Stadium only opens about two hours before kick off so don’t get in tooooo early. Do a lap around the stadium (Holte is opposite North) and plan on spending 30 mins in the club shop (also North).

• Thanks 1

On 24/05/2023 at 23:52, Enda said:

I’ve done DUB-BHX plenty of times so Belfast will be similar. Train to New Street, then a small a change to Witton. It’s cheap and cheerful and a good experience for a young land to see public transport in a different surrounding. Twelve o’clock landing is fine, you’ll be at VP before 1:30. You get to see St Andrew’s on the train, and you can stop in Witton Tesco for a sandwich before the match. It’s a 5 min walk from the train to the North Stand. Stadium only opens about two hours before kick off so don’t get in tooooo early. Do a lap around the stadium (Holte is opposite North) and plan on spending 30 mins in the club shop (also North).

🥴

• Haha 1

On 02/05/2023 at 12:21, Newry_Villan said:

The players coach will arrive to the North Stand car park around 3pm, seems like it will be greeted by fans raucously with pyro etc so not a bad game to have chosen to get there early for, seems like many are doing the same thing!

• Thanks 1

Â