National Rail Strike 1st April

The Fun Factory

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Do the official coaches get down in time for a few bevvies? 

Been a while since I used the official ones, but remember arriving in plenty of time. Also remember being told at Chelsea that I couldn't have a beer on site for some reason. Might be different now 

• Thanks 1

I randomly went to Chelsea away in the cup in MON's first season. It was midweek and we took 6k there.....and lost 4-0.

First and only time I've ever used our coaches (nothing personal just prefer to make my own way to games) and left VP around 1pm and got into London for 4 ish so I assume with the earlier kick off they'll set off from VP well before 8am on the day.

Do the official coaches get down in time for a few bevvies? 

for rail strikes i think they allow extra time

for palace away earlier in the season we got to the railway tavern just after midday and they were already full as the coaches arrived very early

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

Has anyone ever used Steve Gough Premier Travel? 

Think I might have used them a couple of years ago to get to Southampton, not sure. 

Yeah, he's sound & reliable

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Train Strike is off apparently👍👍

Please check first. The RMT have called off their strike. I doubt they are the only union with planned strikes.

I got caught by this at the beginning of the strikes when a union providing non-train staff to GWR were striking (for three days) and the TOC cancelled almost all their trains. It wasn't listed in the "industrial Action" section of the National Rail site and therefore my return ticket wasn't valid on other routes.

15 minutes ago, limpid said:

Please check first. The RMT have called off their strike. I doubt they are the only union with planned strikes.

I got caught by this at the beginning of the strikes when a union providing non-train staff to GWR were striking (for three days) and the TOC cancelled almost all their trains. It wasn't listed in the "industrial Action" section of the National Rail site and therefore my return ticket wasn't valid on other routes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64896128

Train strikes planned in March and April suspended

RMT union members, including train guards, who work at 14 train companies were set to walk out on 30 March and 1 April.

The Rail Delivery Group (RDG) - which represents train companies - said it was now focused on "working constructively towards a settlement to this dispute."

It comes after RMT members at Network Rail voted to accept a pay deal.

The RMT, the country's largest rail union, said the proposal tabled by the RDG could lead to a resolution to the national rail dispute.

The RDG has not yet made a new or updated offer.

But the RMT said the two sides would now hold further talks "with a view to securing a new offer on pay, job security and working conditions".

The RMT made clear that the dispute between the train companies and union members had not ended.

It said it would continue to prepare to re-ballot members when the current mandates runs out in mid-May.

• Like 1

Â