2023-24 predictions, FA, trades and general chat

Tegis

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Bills gone too

End of an era, but based on how he's faired since Brady left NE I'd argue Brady was more important than BB for those SB wins.

3 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

End of an era, but based on how he's faired since Brady left NE I'd argue Brady was more important than BB for those SB wins.

Moody word removed, will not be missed.

And speaking of moody words removed. Looks like Saban is retiring as well

• Like 1

It was probably always going to end with a whimper. 

So long Bill, you grumpy old bastard.

The public response to this would be much more sentimental if Bill had just a bit more generosity of spirit.

Nonetheless, the guy will probably get a statue at Gillette, and he'll deserve it.

Looks like either Mayo or Vrabel will step into the job.

The whole operation needs a breath of fresh air, head coach is a good place to start.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

It was probably always going to end with a whimper. 

So long Bill, you grumpy old bastard.

The public response to this would be much more sentimental if Bill had just a bit more generosity of spirit.

Nonetheless, the guy will probably get a statue at Gillette, and he'll deserve it.

Looks like either Mayo or Vrabel will step into the job.

The whole operation needs a breath of fresh air, head coach is a good place to start.

Vrabel always seemed like a Patriot to me. He's just got the whole Boston mood about him.

1 hour ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Vrabel always seemed like a Patriot to me. He's just got the whole Boston mood about him.

Apparently Mayo has a "succession clause" written into his contract that allows him and the Patriots to just slide him into the position without having to interview non-white coaching candidates. So I'd say Mayo is a lock for the job.

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

Not a snowball's chance in hell he makes a roster.

I agree still will be a massive experience for him. I suppose if he has a slim chance it would be as a punt returner.

1 hour ago, Tegis said:

DRAFT HIM

qOKKGxJ.png

I know these guys have some really idiotic names but surely this can’t be real.

7 hours ago, rjw63 said:

I know these guys have some really idiotic names but surely this can’t be real.

From Jeremiahs first Mockdraft. His real name doesent help either 🤣

Ga'Quincy McKinstry

Edited by Tegis
  • Haha 1

Tom Telesco going to the raiders as GM

I still can't work out if he's good or just great players, landed in his lap on draft night, I'd say he can see obvious moves but struggles with gems late on or gems in free agency 

2 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Ooooooooh shiiiiiiit. Jim Harbaugh is BACK

Charger-season (Preseason plus 3 weeks) is going to be huuuuuge

19 hours ago, Tegis said:

Charger-season (Preseason plus 3 weeks) is going to be huuuuuge

chargers are going to be cutting like mad this summer, Bosa will go, i think Mack will stay, Williams will go, Ekeler will go, i really hope allen stays, they might also cut their losses with Linsley which is huge, everett might go, davis should go, think they'll keep gilan, kenneth murray will go, joshua kelley will go - and they're 2nd worst in cap space

need a new one of everything, the GM hire is huge, can see some wheeling and dealing needing to be done to increase the number of picks, something TT was shit at

Edited by villa4europe

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

chargers are going to be cutting like mad this summer, Bosa will go, i think Mack will stay, Williams will go, Ekeler will go, i really hope allen stays, they might also cut their losses with Linsley which is huge, everett might go, davis should go, think they'll keep gilan, kenneth murray will go, joshua kelley will go - and they're 2nd worst in cap space

need a new one of everything, the GM hire is huge, can see some wheeling and dealing needing to be done to increase the number of picks, something TT was shit at

At least you still have the biggest pieces in place in Harbaugh and Herbert.

I still think Payton is good enough, we won 3 extra games with essentially the same squad. Loosing to crap-ish teams like the Commanders, Jets, Raiders-x2 and Pats was odd. Although some of the wins wasn't exactly on script either.....

Wonder how long the next QB purgatory will last. It's getting very old bar some good Russ games here and there.

Â