Formula One - 2023

BOF

On 21/06/2023 at 13:00, BOF said:

Ah I think he is good. McLaren seem to be having a weird situation at the moment where the car is great in qualifying and not great in racing. Maybe he's over-driving in frustration at being left behind on the Sunday. I dunno. He hasn't become a bad driver overnight.

I think he's good too, but I've always really liked him, he's my favourite driver. So was just looking for other opinions to make sure I wasn't showing my bias

I'd love to see him in a competitve car. I'm still gutted about that Russian GP he should have won

I guess this is one of those things that comes from not watching Drive to Survive, but I genuinely can't recall seeing Lance Stroll in front of a camera - he seems to have a very low profile.

Is that just me and my fading memory?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I guess this is one of those things that comes from not watching Drive to Survive, but I genuinely can't recall seeing Lance Stroll in front of a camera - he seems to have a very low profile.

Is that just me and my fading memory?

I don't watch DTS but from the bits you see of him everywhere else during a race weekend, he seems to have the personality and charisma of a sheet of wet A4 paper.

• Haha 1

This is random

Wrexham Football Club owners Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney will be part of an investor group taking a 24% equity stake in Alpine. 

The Formula 1 team's parent company, Renault, announced on Monday the two Hollywood actors will join Otro Capital and RedBird Capital Partners. 

The 200m euro (£171m) deal values Alpine Racing, who are based in Britain, at about £706m.

Alpine are fifth in this year's F1 constructors' championship.

bbc

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Didn’t see the sprint today as I was out but the main story on it on the BBC is that Max pissed it but still acted like a petulant, spoilt baby. Same old story then.

Is that a direct quote from the BBC website?

I saw Perez push him onto the grass and then Max pushed him wide at a corner which unfortunately meant Lando lost about 6 places.

With the conditions it was a pretty exciting race.

15 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Is that a direct quote from the BBC website?

Almost…

Verstappen expressed his annoyance with Perez to the team after the race, saying his move out of Turn One was "really not OK" and they "had to have a chat about it".

link

After doing so, Verstappen said: "When the moment happens, you don't know why. But after the race we talked about it and it's all good."

He added: "We don't have to make this a big story. It happened, we talked about it. You don't have to write a whole article about it. Or maybe you can, for the clicks."

So he didn't act like a child?

2 minutes ago, Farlz said:

So he didn't act like a child?

He did act like a baby, complaining to the team that his team mate dared race him for a few seconds “really not ok” and “had to have a chat about it”.

Massive bellend who won the race but complains that he had to do a little bit of work for it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

He did act like a baby, complaining to the team that his team mate dared race him for a few seconds “really not ok” and “had to have a chat about it”.

Massive bellend who won the race but complains that he had to do a little bit of work for it.

Hmmm so anyone in the race tomorrow who complains about another driver is also acting like a baby or is that remark just reserved for the driver you don't like.

3 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Hmmm so anyone in the race tomorrow who complains about another driver is also acting like a baby or is that remark just reserved for the driver you don't like.

I posted exactly why he’s behaving like a spoilt man-child, again.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

I posted exactly why he’s behaving like a spoilt man-child, again.

You didn't watch the race by your own admission, read the BBC article and took the viewpoint you have.

You have made it clear you don't like MV so I don't think you are going to enjoy the rest of the season and I am sure you haven't really like what has happened so far either.

Let's see how many drivers behave like petulant children tomorrow shall we......

11 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

You didn't watch the race by your own admission, read the BBC article and took the viewpoint you have.

You have made it clear you don't like MV so I don't think you are going to enjoy the rest of the season and I am sure you haven't really like what has happened so far either.

Let's see how many drivers behave like petulant children tomorrow shall we......

It’s funny because when I search twitter for Verstappen and petulant there are a lot of hits from today, but most relate to the incident where he blocked Lewis later on on the race. Lots about him crying about his team mate putting up a fight into turns 1 & 2 too.

Its weird how you defend him so vigorously. It’s like those who used to constant defend Boris Johnson despite the evidence they were wrong.

Max is a fast driver in the fastest car, no doubt. He’s also a horrible petulant man-child who cries the second he doesn’t have everything his own way, because 99% of things are not enough.

This season has been atrocious for racing, Max being so unlikable really hasn’t helped either. 

• Like 2

Yeah, Verstappen can give but not take.

Perez got the better start, so Verstappen tried to squeeze him to the barriers down the first straight. Perez with the inside line meant he was narrow so Verstappen had the run after the first corner and Perez returned the favour. Verstappen still tried to round him using the grass.

Verstappen then braked way, way, way late trying to get underneath Perez at the next corner, forcing him off the track and making Norris have to use anti-stall as Verstappen came to a standstill and Norris had no where to go, which sent him way down the order.

Petulant? yep.

• Like 2

On 21/06/2023 at 12:55, Stevo985 said:

Is Norris the most unlucky driver on the grid or is he actually not that good?

I admit I haven't been following as closely this season as I usually do. But every time I see a race or highlights he seems to qualify really well, seem competitive and then have incidents in the race that completely ruin his weekend.

Is it bad luck or is he making mistakes?

Happened again 😔

• Like 1