PeterSw

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Football won’t be enjoyable????

Those people should be shot 😂

Its the misunderstanding of the word pragmatic.  Sounds boring and defensive but simply means that our coach studies our opponents deeply and then comes up with a plan to win, not a plan not to lose. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

There was a clip circulating a few days ago of Poch being asked about a couple of Chelsea players that had been on  loan, and he had no idea who they were. 

I don't know if someone is 'born' to be an elite manager, but you just know that Unai has worked his bollocks off to be the very best version of himself that he could possibly be. The work ethic and attention to detail, combined with the intelligence to understand football is unlike anything I've ever seen in a Villa manager. There's absolutely no way Unai would lose track of any players near the first team for instance.

No matter what happens against better opposition down the line, I feel so fortunate to have someone working so hard to bring success to the Villa.

Emery absolutely **** loves football and in turn, I love that about him. 

4 hours ago, Ghost said:

To be fair Chelsea have like a thousand players on their books so I could understand Poch's confusion. 

Irrespective of the number (and whilst it's a lot, it's still not enough players for the manager to not recognise the names, as seemed to be the case) these are players that are on the Chelsea payroll and have returned to the club from loan spells. 

I could be wrong, but I wouldn't imagine Unai would let resources like that go to waste by falling through the cracks.

Edited by StanBalaban

If he keeps going like this and he is given more/better players… I don’t think it’s crazy to say that we could eventually (in the future) surpass Arsenal (a lot needs to go right though). He is better than Arteta.

Almost impossible to compete with 115 charges FC and Saudi billions…

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

Was mainly Arsenal fans and some media buddies of the clearing in the woods that he replaced

Arsenal fans are deluded in the main. Check out the squad he had there, it was poor and aging.

Yet Arsenal were 3rd highest scorers in his only full season and finished higher than the season before.

The media and pundits in this country also love to pick on a foreign manager, yet give free pass after free pass to the good old british ex-pro turned manager.

Can we also give credit to Unai for his mastery of the language now? His English is excellent… 

Utterly stupid and embarrassing how much he was mocked at Arsenal…

No one’s talking now… shutting everyone up and showing his class and superiority.

He never really rises to provocation and shite… such a class act and such an example…

This was completely called for btw 😂

spacer.png

A lot of people could learn from him, including “rival managers”…

Good guys can succeed…

Edited by Jas10

Â