Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

21 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I would take a loss on Saturday and the next few Saturdays if it guaranteed Poch as manager

Thankyou!!!!! Finally someone admits it. The rest want it too but just wont admit it.
I would take the loss too if it means we get Poch, Potter or Tuchel. 
Losing on the weekend and gerrard going could mean we fight for European Football. Gerrard scrapping a 1-0 win at Leicester with a poor performance means it could be a long season.

Football Gods please be kind.

Edited by messi11
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Thankyou!!!!! Finally someone admits it. The rest want it too but just wont admit it.
I would take the loss too if it means we get Poch, Potter or Tuchel. 
Losing on the weekend and gerrard going could mean we fight for European Football. Gerrard scrapping a 1-0 win at Leicester with a poor performance means it could be a long season.

Football Gods please be kind, Come on urrrm Leic....

It could have the unintended consequence of saving BR's job and I feel that BR is as bad for Leicester as you feel SG is bad for Villa. So keeping BR in the job could condemn Leicester to a very disappointing season

Just now, Spoony said:

Wonder if Klopp has always harboured a desire to live in Aston…

Klopp and Gerrard both use about the same formation. We can now see how bad the tactics are when you doesn’t have the right players. Still I believe Klopp is somewhat better to adjust based on what players that are available, and Klopp is better to identify players he need.

9 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I don't know, it sounds like a no-brainer to me to get in the "floundering" manager of Chelsea who departs with a 60% win ratio and won them a Champions League trophy in place of our current manager who seems to be doing a lot worse than floundering with *checks notes* 4 points from the opening 6 games.

Tuchel lost 16 games out of a 100 for Chelsea. Gerrards lost 17 in 35. Definitely not an upgrade 

• Haha 3

Didn't think I'd ever read someone suggesting that they wouldn't be happy about the hypothetical event of Tuchel becoming Villa manager.😂  Just a league, cup and Champions League winning coach being compared to Scott Parker. This thread has indeed gone mental (no offence intended to Scott Parker mind).

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Didn't think I'd ever read someone suggesting that they wouldn't be happy about the hypothetical event of Tuchel becoming Villa manager.😂  Just a league, cup and Champions League winning coach being compared to Scott Parker. This thread has indeed gone mental (no offence intended to Scott Parker mind).

I agree, but in fairness he since deleted the comment, it only survives in a 'reply to quoted comment'. Nothing wrong with having a few pints and posting shyte, we have all done it, well, maybe not all of us but certainly I have 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, viivvaa66 said:

Klopp and Gerrard both use about the same formation. We can now see how bad the tactics are when you doesn’t have the right players. Still I believe Klopp is somewhat better to adjust based on what players that are available, and Klopp is better to identify players he need.

It’s nice to see Klopp is only considered “somewhat better” than Gerrard on here. Given Gerrard is apparently considered one of our worst managers ever, does that make Klopp about as good as Paul Lambert then?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Panto_Villan said:

It’s nice to see Klopp is only considered “somewhat better” than Gerrard on here. Given Gerrard is apparently considered one of our worst managers ever, does that make Klopp about as good as Paul Lambert then?

You are only as good as your last game 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ozvilla28 said:

I'll take Tuchel in a heartbeat top manager perfect gor us.

I would have him here too. The only issue seems to be that he falls out with owners/sporting directors.. but then again when you manage clubs like PSG and Chelsea.. there is always the chance that could happen.

Personally think he would fit in very well here.. just have to keep CP on his side 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PeterSw said:

I would have him here too. The only issue seems to be that he falls out with owners/sporting directors.. but then again when you manage clubs like PSG and Chelsea.. there is always the chance that could happen.

Personally think he would fit in very well here.. just have to keep CP on his side 

He fell out with the hierarchy at Dortmund as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Just read an old Mail article about that funnily enough. Fell out over transfer plans. Would have to get onboard with Lange too in that case.

I think with Dortmund, they got very close to Bayern and I guess he wanted one or two big names to take them up a level and Dortmund didn't want to go against their policy. That's just me speculating obviously 

38 minutes ago, duke313 said:
41 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

That's why I don't think Purslow would hire him. He doesn't seem to employ anyone who will challenge him in a confrontational manner. 

• Like 2