Game recommendation please

ender4

So my wife has never played a computer game in her life, not even mobile games. I have a PS5 and love gaming, but usually play when she is out, asleep, away or busy with something else.

Im looking for game recommendations which will introduce her to gaming to hook her for life. She may only play 1 game before getting bored, so that first game is critical. 

Do I go for something easy to play? Something with a fantastic story? Amazing graphics? What genre? The latest game or an older classic?

Who knows what a first time gamer would like? She’s never even held a controller before.

I would guess the game needs to hook her within the first hour to keep her playing. She needs to think wow this is amazing and not what I thought games are like.

Animal Crossing or Mario Kart.

The only games my Mrs enjoys. 

PS5/4 though? Hmmm, Stray, Last Campfire, Crash Bandicoot etc…

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It needs to be a very simple game. 
Do not underestimate how alien gaming is to someone who has never done it. 
Things you and I would take for granted in terms of controls and camera and objectives, they will have absolutely no clue about. 

So a game that we all think is amazing like, I dunno, Last of Us or Zelda or something would be entirely the wrong choice. 

So yeah I’d say something very easy to play. @Ingram85’s suggestions are good. It’s hard not to like Mario kart

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Easy answer... Astros playroom on the PS5, even if you play it together and just let her do the bits in the ape / frog suit

Anything where you have to control the camera is a tough shout.

I say this from experience. My OH at the time tried to play Mario Odyssey having not played video games since the SNES and the whole concept of using the right stick to move the camera was completely baffling to her. She just couldn't do it.

These things that as gamers we take for granted as second nature really throw people off.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It needs to be a very simple game. 
Do not underestimate how alien gaming is to someone who has never done it. 
Things you and I would take for granted in terms of controls and camera and objectives, they will have absolutely no clue about. 

So a game that we all think is amazing like, I dunno, Last of Us or Zelda or something would be entirely the wrong choice. 

Ah that’s true. I was actually thinking of something like Last of Us for the plot!  But yes it would be very hard to control for someone that doesn’t know how a controller works.

Â