Giants News

kkr

Beatty, Schwartz and Beason cut then. Surprised by the Schwartz move, I think he was worth keeping despite his injuries. Maybe they're worse than we know. Would've kept Beatty personally but I can understand that they wouldn't want to move Flowers anywhere. 

Beason has retired rather than being cut.  A good player but just injury plagued and managed to fleece the Giants of one last big contract whilst representing himself so the transition into the life of an agent should be a good move for him.

They are all decent players tbh, but just plagued by injuries.  All got big money and couldnt stay on the field thereafter.... so BYE!

Think we are $60m under the cap and i expect that might grow further with a Cruz restructure, which has to be coming otherwise he would have been shown the door now too.

Go get Malik Jackson and Danny Trevathan off the Broncos if they shake loose as first port of call to improve the defense and then look at a left tackle and a safety.  Few more serviceable additions and then hopefully another decent draft.  Past few drafts have been good and improved upon a few years of bad drafting, its just the resigning our own players and overpaying for shit and injured shit where Reese has been going wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

Jpp resigned to a 1 year deal and Janoris Jenkins signed from the Rams!  Good start to FA although we have missed out on Malik Jackson, but at $15m per that might be a good thing!

Charles Johnson also chose to resign with Carolina after visiting the Giants.  Turned down more money here, yay.

FA opens officially later tonight.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

2-0 and some solid defensive football being played!?  What is this madness!

0-2 Skins up next will be a very dangerous opponent so hopefully we can cover the middle of the field better as Jordan Reed will be a threat there.  Hopefully Beckham makes up for the 2 dropped TD's this week against Norman on Sunday.

Jenkins has been superb so far, and i'm impressed with Snacks also.  Teams already game planning for Vernon and JPP so while the statistics might not show much for both, the way teams play us and two W's does!  Apple and Sheppard have been great so far also.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

6-3 with the Bears and Browns to play next is a nice position to be in.  If they win those 2 and get to 8-3, there is a legitimate chance for 10-12 wins.

Not sure if we can catch Dallas, we would need to beat them again and pretty much not drop another game, but i dont think there are many teams in the league that match up well with them.

Much happier with the D this year, they have improved as the year has gone on but so has the Dallas Offense.  Rematch in a few weeks should be interesting, but need a few more wins first.  Offense is handicapped by a terrible Oline and running game.  Its clear that the playbook has been limited both in the formations deployed and what can be done in the passing game with no time to let anything develop properly or legitimate threat of play action.  Eli is in the gun most the time as he'd get killed in a second if he was under centre more.  Really limiting the passing attack.

Oline killing the team yet again!

Â