FIFA 22

HalfTimePost

From the briefest of bits I saw last night they say they've fixed the defence which caused me to quit 21 several times, more times than it ever should have done, nearly binned it more than once 

I'll do the same as usual get the free 10 hour trial, think it's shit then think I have no alternative and then end up buying it in the Xmas sale and then be angry with myself that I did

I only play career mode single player, the hub is decent to be fair to them, it needs tweaks for things such as scout reports and just a fresher feel in general 

Glad the commentary has changed 

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

From the briefest of bits I saw last night they say they've fixed the defence which caused me to quit 21 several times, more times than it ever should have done, nearly binned it more than once 

I'll do the same as usual get the free 10 hour trial, think it's shit then think I have no alternative and then end up buying it in the Xmas sale and then be angry with myself that I did

I only play career mode single player, the hub is decent to be fair to them, it needs tweaks for things such as scout reports and just a fresher feel in general 

Glad the commentary has changed 

not bought fifa in a couple of years...used to hate single player, how is it now? stopped buying cause i didn't like single player and was tired of kids kicking my ass online

Personally they have major difficulty problems, as you progress up from say pro to world class the oppositions AI get a bit better but the main difference was your AI went to shit, especially in defence where the CBs seemingly have Add and just wonder off, after about 15 hours you can completely crack it so that it's non sensical, I've got Watkins scoring 60 goals a season but finishing 8th because my games are 5-4 losses or 4-4 draws

They then also have some weird things in there that suggests the devs don't actually watch football, the AI playing 5 yard chipped passes to chest, 40 yard over head volley passes to feet and stupid stuff like that 

The scouting and youth team stuff is a waste of time, so is training 

Means there's no real longevity to it for me, I'll do about 3 seasons then lose interest 

FWIW I think madden is exactly the same, it's an EA problem and it's now getting to the stage where I think not fixing it but throwing in some new back garden mode is lazy as **** from them

• Like 1

I only play single player league too. Occasionally play a few games of drop in Pro but positional based gameplay (but randoms tend to annoy me with their selfishness)

Pro is the highest difficulty I go to otherwise it so blatantly screws you over I end up turning it off.

• Like 1

I would love the training drills to be dropped for career mode. It is so dull to have to repeat it all for each new career. This is doubly true if you are using a lower league team and have to do the drills with crap players, so frustrating. It is to my mind one of the biggest backwards steps career mode has taken as it sucks the fun out of the game. (aside from mostly ignoring it, which has been awful, but to actually spend dev time on making it worse is, well, worse)

I'd also like to see the stats carry over from season to season.  Knowing all time career stats for my team would be nice to have, also not having the competition scoring record reset each season would be cool.  It feels false to have a player break the record one season and the game completely forgetting it happened in the next season.

I also only care about career mode, so all the other stuff can do one.

Woah woah woah.  Youth team and training are fine.  Youth team was crap up until this (last) year, but bringing in the positional change and targeted training options essentially negated the long-standing problems of one-footed YT players or never getting players in the position you needed them.  Now once you've got 3 x 5* youth scouts, you can pretty much put together an XI of future world-beaters within 2 seasons.  Plus the introduction (finally) of more countries to scout and largely fixing of the ethnicity issues (still not quite there for 1 or 2 countries but miles better than it used to be).

It was shite that it took them so many years to get to this point, and there are still common-sense, easy-fixes that could be made to improve it further such as: 

• not being forced to promote or forever lose YT players when they think they're ready for the first team (they never are); have it so they automatically get promoted on their 19th birthday and never before then unless you specifically make that offer to them.
  • introduce a B-team mechanic; essentially a placeholder squad you can put promoted YT players and any of your fringe reserves into to mitigate having players get huge potential OVR drops by not playing.  You wouldn't have to code an actual fixture list or have the B-team play any games, but tie the growth to something like a hireable B-Team coach (akin to the scouts with a higher *-rated coach resulting in better growth results).  Make the B-team a purchasable club improvement as well and not something you start off with, maybe with a hefty price-tag upfront (I'm thinking £10m+ perhaps). You could introduce it as a board objective once a club hits a financial value marker that would make it affordable without crippling the budget, perhaps.
  • fix the loaning out transfer option; this is a long-standing problem that EA keep claiming they've made strides to resolve, whereby you'll list players for loan and either never/rarely get offers and then most of the offers fail because they "couldn't agree personal terms".  Dafuq guys, I'm already paying their damn wage!  There is a depressingly simplistic fix for this that should have already been implemented; first, let me directly approach clubs offering a player to loan.  Then I can pick a club, any club, in the lowest leagues available with "Hey! want this potential world-beater for 2 years and I'll pay all their wages? Of course you do! And you'll actually give him game-time as he'll be one of your best players? Great!".  Secondly; remove the player negotiation aspect from it completely.  It's ludicrous to include it as it acts solely as point of potential failure, nothing more, plus the additional time it adds on to have the deal completed (need a loan out on deadline day? Fuhgedaboutit!).  As soon as the clubs agree, have it be done.

Training; I mean, who is actually playing the training games?  Unless you fancy doing them every now and then as a mildly diverting bit of waffle, surely you're just simulating them, right?  What kind of madman would actually play them all?! It'd take you a month to complete one season!  The one thing I would change would be the option to automate them properly i.e. not even having to stop on training day and press the simulation button, just set them to auto-simulate and have the week progress uninterrupted. If you wanted to add an extra dimension to it, again have hireable *-rated coaches for GK/DEF/MID/ATT, gives you something else to spend money on and have the training results influenced by how good the coaches are.  I need something to spend money on, I routinely wind-up with £200m spare by about season #5.

what you've wrote there is exactly why i think they're both shit 😂 

so is scouting in general, not sure why they cant give you a potential rating, even if it was FMs star system, this whole cryptic "been at the club since 2020" means that he's peaked "showing potential" means he's 80-85 and so on is bollocks

I don't think you should be able to scout exactly what a player's potential OVR is, that'd be too easy, though I'd be in favour of dropping the text descriptions altogether and returning a range of say, 5 or 6 points that their potential OVR sits somewhere with in, essentially the same as you'd get with players in the YT.  Maybe have that range narrow or expand depending on the quality of the scout you're using.  That'd then negate two other longstanding issues; 1) being currently restricted to the text descriptions means you can't at present scout any players who top-out at 79 OVR or below, which you might want to do if you're starting a lower league campaign, and 2) you won't even get given a text description until the player's current OVR reaches 60.  Replace the descriptions with a returnable range with every and *boom* both those problems are gone.

I'd still rather have all these functions then nothing at all though, career mode is bare bones enough as it is.

I've only just clocked no more Lee Dixon commentary though, which is possibly the greatest improvement they could make. :hooray:

On 21/07/2021 at 11:26, GarethRDR said:

Woah woah woah.  Youth team and training are fine.  Youth team was crap up until this (last) year, but bringing in the positional change and targeted training options essentially negated the long-standing problems of one-footed YT players or never getting players in the position you needed them.  Now once you've got 3 x 5* youth scouts, you can pretty much put together an XI of future world-beaters within 2 seasons.  Plus the introduction (finally) of more countries to scout and largely fixing of the ethnicity issues (still not quite there for 1 or 2 countries but miles better than it used to be).

It was shite that it took them so many years to get to this point, and there are still common-sense, easy-fixes that could be made to improve it further such as: 

• not being forced to promote or forever lose YT players when they think they're ready for the first team (they never are); have it so they automatically get promoted on their 19th birthday and never before then unless you specifically make that offer to them.
  • introduce a B-team mechanic; essentially a placeholder squad you can put promoted YT players and any of your fringe reserves into to mitigate having players get huge potential OVR drops by not playing.  You wouldn't have to code an actual fixture list or have the B-team play any games, but tie the growth to something like a hireable B-Team coach (akin to the scouts with a higher *-rated coach resulting in better growth results).  Make the B-team a purchasable club improvement as well and not something you start off with, maybe with a hefty price-tag upfront (I'm thinking £10m+ perhaps). You could introduce it as a board objective once a club hits a financial value marker that would make it affordable without crippling the budget, perhaps.
  • fix the loaning out transfer option; this is a long-standing problem that EA keep claiming they've made strides to resolve, whereby you'll list players for loan and either never/rarely get offers and then most of the offers fail because they "couldn't agree personal terms".  Dafuq guys, I'm already paying their damn wage!  There is a depressingly simplistic fix for this that should have already been implemented; first, let me directly approach clubs offering a player to loan.  Then I can pick a club, any club, in the lowest leagues available with "Hey! want this potential world-beater for 2 years and I'll pay all their wages? Of course you do! And you'll actually give him game-time as he'll be one of your best players? Great!".  Secondly; remove the player negotiation aspect from it completely.  It's ludicrous to include it as it acts solely as point of potential failure, nothing more, plus the additional time it adds on to have the deal completed (need a loan out on deadline day? Fuhgedaboutit!).  As soon as the clubs agree, have it be done.

Training; I mean, who is actually playing the training games?  Unless you fancy doing them every now and then as a mildly diverting bit of waffle, surely you're just simulating them, right?  What kind of madman would actually play them all?! It'd take you a month to complete one season!  The one thing I would change would be the option to automate them properly i.e. not even having to stop on training day and press the simulation button, just set them to auto-simulate and have the week progress uninterrupted. If you wanted to add an extra dimension to it, again have hireable *-rated coaches for GK/DEF/MID/ATT, gives you something else to spend money on and have the training results influenced by how good the coaches are.  I need something to spend money on, I routinely wind-up with £200m spare by about season #5.

Yeah I do sim the drills but have to do some of them to get the A rating before they can be simmed for the rest of the career.  It is a pointless and repetitive task to do at the start of each career mode.  I don't see the point of it. After getting the A rating you are simulating the same thing hundeds of times in a career, the drills are not fun in themselves so I'd ditch the feature all together.  Your point that only a mad man would do them all the way through a season or a career shows just how stupid it is to have that feature in there at all.  An auto simulate for drills is again just a way of admitting they are pointless.  It's also silly that I can't train the whole squad.  Is the training ground so small we can only accomodate half of them?  I'd rather manage who I'm leaving out of training to keep them fresh or safer from injury, maybe at the expense of sharpness. 

It's just the drills are so freaking dull to complete it puts me off starting a new career knowing I'll have to sit through a bunch of them again.  Dull features need to go.

Regards the targetted training bit within the development plans / youth squad I don't have a problem with that at all, I approve of that feature as it is largly set and forget.

39 minutes ago, Straggler said:

Yeah I do sim the drills but have to do some of them to get the A rating before they can be simmed for the rest of the career.

Hol' up.  So I've just been simming them straight outta the gate and assuming the "D" rating I would always get was the trade-off for simming... are you telling me that if I play the training sim once, get an A (or B, C, whatever) that every time I sim thereafter I'll get that higher grade?

Oh **** me I've been doing it all wrong for like, this entire iteration. :crylaugh:

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, GarethRDR said:

Hol' up.  So I've just been simming them straight outta the gate and assuming the "D" rating I would always get was the trade-off for simming... are you telling me that if I play the training sim once, get an A (or B, C, whatever) that every time I sim thereafter I'll get that higher grade?

Oh **** me I've been doing it all wrong for like, this entire iteration. :crylaugh:

Yep, I'm telling you exactly that 😀

You still have a couple of months before 22 is out, you can still make up for lost time.  It's still a crappy mode tho.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Straggler said:

Yep, I'm telling you exactly that 😀

You still have a couple of months before 22 is out, you can still make up for lost time.  It's still a crappy mode tho.

What? That's not true. I play them and sim them and there's no link there. My most recent FIFA was 18, but definitely not there. I've gotten As for shooting for a player and then simmed it later and that player definitely was not getting guaranteed As for that skill. 

Fake news

I actually like the training mini games. Well just the shooting one. It's good practice

Edited by YLN

8 hours ago, YLN said:

What? That's not true. I play them and sim them and there's no link there. My most recent FIFA was 18, but definitely not there. I've gotten As for shooting for a player and then simmed it later and that player definitely was not getting guaranteed As for that skill. 

Fake news

I actually like the training mini games. Well just the shooting one. It's good practice

You're doing something wrong then, because you most definitely get a guaranteed A rating simming if you already got an A rating from manually playing it in the career mode. There are many different shooting training sessions, make sure it's the one you've A rated already.

EDIT: Sorry, just read that FIFA18 was the most recent one you've played. Thought you were talking about 21.

Edited by Dante_Lockhart

8 hours ago, YLN said:

Fake news

Dude I'm talking FIFA 21. I have some possible earth shattering news for you.

There are some changes to the game between iterations.

• Like 1

FIFA21 was probably my most detested FIFA in a long time. From the shit commentary, CBs running away from the opposition players, OP chip shots, useless GKs and much more. I'll still end up getting 22 and complaining again 😂

On 23/07/2021 at 07:57, Straggler said:

Dude I'm talking FIFA 21. I have some possible earth shattering news for you.

There are some changes to the game between iterations.

That system makes much more sense.

I have wasted my life

Â