January Optimism Gauge

limpid

Optimism Gauge  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you think we will finish in 2020/1?

2. 2. How do you feel about this season?

• Very Optimistic
    • Optimistic
    • Average
    • Pessimistic
    • Very Pessimistic

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/01/21 at 23:59

Upped my prediction to 7-10. I think we are capable of doing better, but I don't expect it. I'd still be happy with 11th given the 17th finish last season, but in the context of this season a top half finish is on the cards.

Whatever happens, this side of an epic capitulation, we've done very well indeed.

18 hours ago, Greenfly said:

Upped my prediction to 7-10. I think we are capable of doing better, but I don't expect it. I'd still be happy with 11th given the 17th finish last season, but in the context of this season a top half finish is on the cards.

Whatever happens, this side of an epic capitulation, we've done very well indeed.

Same my only reservation is lack of options to rotate players so feel we may fall away late season as tiredness and a few injuries kick in, but optimistic we'll be a proper top half team next season.

49 minutes ago, zab6359 said:

Same my only reservation is lack of options to rotate players so feel we may fall away late season as tiredness and a few injuries kick in, but optimistic we'll be a proper top half team next season.

It depends on what business, if any, we do in the January window. Come next season, we'll be a force to be reckoned with for sure.

5th -9th still all on the same points. We could have an excellent season and finish just outside the top 4 or just inside the top 10. It's mad. 

7-10 is more realistic than anything higher at the moment. Freshness of legs and consistency will be key

7th - 10th for me. We are so much improved it's incredible although i think the depth of the squad quality wise is lacking a little and we are very reliant on the first 14 or so players which will likely see us drop a bit over the second hlf of the season.. Unless we have a good Jan Window which is looking unlikely at the mo. 

I'd be very pleased finishing 7-10 however all things considered, especially as it would avoid the Europa League nonsense which would likely harm us next season.

11-17 is quite a wide range. I would still be happy with a 11th to about 14th. Anything below that would be disappointing given our good start. Top 10 would be fantastic. However we are a few injuries away from that to be very difficult to achieve.

Overall optimistic about the Villa for the first time in years. Less optimistic about finishing the season and the wider world in general.

Weird month and the covid outbreak has tempered my expectations, but still think a top half finish is well on the cards. Especially with so few other clubs having had their inevitable (?) covid outbreak so far.

Be interesting to see how we come back im our next game..whenever it is.

Edited by MrBlack