Storm Travel Disruptions

Kingman

Update... 

Routes affected

Various routes on the West Midlands Railway network 

Train operator affected

London Underground

Description

Amber and Yellow weather warnings of strong winds up to 70mph and heavy rain have been issued by the Met Office for large parts of the United Kingdom this weekend. The storm has been named by the Met Office as Storm Dennis.

Whitlocks End - Stratford-upon-Avon

Heavy rain has flooded the railway between Wood End and Earlswood. As a result, trains between these stations may be cancelled.

You may use your ticket on:
  • Chiltern Railway
    - Birmingham Moor Street - Solihull - Warwick Parkway - Warwick - Leamington Spa
    - Leamington Spa - Stratford-upon-Avon
  • West Midlands Railway
    -Birmingham Moor Street - Solihull - Dorridge - Stratford-upon-Avon
    - Birmingham Moor Street - Solihull - Dorridge - Warwick - Leamington Spa
    - Birmingham New Street - Kings Norton
  • National Express West Midlands
    - Route 2 [Birmingham] (NXWM): Birmingham - Yardley Wood
    - Route 3 [Birmingham] (NXWM): Birmingham - Yardley Wood
    - Route 4 / 4A [Solihull] (NXWM): Birmingham - Tyseley - Acocks Green - Olton - Solihull
    - Route 5 [Solihull] (NXWM): Birmingham - Yardley Wood - Shirley - Solihull
    - Route 6 [Solihull] (NXWM): Birmingham - Hall Green - Shirley - Solihull
    - Route 8A / 8C (NXWM): Duddeston (nearby) - Adderley Park - Small Heath - Five Ways (for Birmingham New Street / CrossCity) - Hockley
    - Route 17 [Birmingham] (NXWM): Birmingham - Bordesley (occasional service)
    - Route 49 [South Birmingham] (NXWM): Shirley Railway Station - Kings Norton - Northfield (nearby) - Longbridge
    - Route 60 (NXWM): Birmingham - Small Heath (nearby)
    - Route 76 (NXWM): University - Selly Oak - Yardley Wood - Solihull
    - Route X1 (NXWM): Birmingham - Bordesley - Birmingham International - Coventry

Replacement road transport is in place between Whitlocks End and Stratford-upon-Avon.

If you're travelling from Stratford-upon-Avon and Stratford Parkway to Birmingham, you can use the West Midlands Railway services which travel on an alternative route via Solihull and Dorridge, or change at Warwick / Warwick Parkway / Leamington Spa for Chiltern Railways services to/from Stratford-upon-Avon.

If you're travelling to Shirley and a rail journey isn't possible, you can travel on West Midlands Railway services to Kings Norton to connect with Bus Route 49 [South Birmingham] to Shirley station. (Note: direct bus services from Birmingham may offer a quicker journey).

Check before you travel:
You can check your journey using the National Rail Enquiries real-time Journey Planner

Twitter:
If you would like to follow this incident on Twitter, please use #StormDennis

Compensation:
You may be entitled to compensation if you experience a delay in completing your journey today. Please keep your train ticket and make a note of your journey, as both will be required to support any claim.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Haven’t drove to villa park in years but with trains cancelled looks like have to. Is it ok around by Lichfield road for traffic and Parking? It’s going to be manic ain’t it?

I'm getting a lift to Star City and will walk in from there. Usually on week nights there's plenty of spaces and people walking back from the match to there, free parking but would imagine with area other side closed off it will be much busier today.

If you're happy walking long distance would say that's a decent bet.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Haven’t drove to villa park in years but with trains cancelled looks like have to. Is it ok around by Lichfield road for traffic and Parking? It’s going to be manic ain’t it?

It was ok half hour ago. There is a puddle under the bridge that’s holding things up a bit though.

Had to miss the game yesterday. I live in Herefordshire and it was (and still is) absolute carnage here. Worst flooding I can remember in my lifetime. Has literally been life or death. So, for some to say a few puddles has made the roads clearer, is actually quite disrespectful to those of us who it has affected.

22 hours ago, Mjvilla said:

Had to miss the game yesterday. I live in Herefordshire and it was (and still is) absolute carnage here. Worst flooding I can remember in my lifetime. Has literally been life or death. So, for some to say a few puddles has made the roads clearer, is actually quite disrespectful to those of us who it has affected.

I don't believe any disrespect was meant. My garage roof leaked at the weekend cos of the rain over last few weeks. More of an annoyance really, then I look at some other local areas that are again losing everything and not for the first time in recent years and I thank my lucky stars. 

I have no idea how they cope with this every year, losing everything and starting again. My thoughts are with those less fortunate and I'll include you in that.

Â