Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

3 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Good omen! Do you think it'll keep working if you tune in and out every two minutes? 

Didn't work the other day against Newcastle. They scored 2 just after I started watching 😅

• Haha 1

Too many individual errors. Simple as that. Not just defensively either. We missed some absolute sitters.

We played some nice stuff, but let's not forget who we were against. Some will say it was a smash and grab, but it wasn't. We were masters of our own downfall.

Sloppy at both ends of the pitch at crucial times.

Totally dominated the possession and chances created but we honestly cannot defend correctly as a team.  It’s not solely a back four problem either, as our midfield is easy to play through.

Bristol’s two goals today came from two bad clearances, so our own downfall.  However, when you create 30 goal attempts, it’s enough to win a game.

Leon especially today was very good. We’re just sloppy at times and it costs us. At least Bristol haven’t made any ground on us in the table and I honestly can’t see them winning the games required to go past us.

Overall there were encouraging passages of play today but really need to concentrate and cut out the sloppy stuff.  UTV

• Like 1

Good performance for the most part, but really bad result to cap of what has been a nightmare week for us

A wonder goal and a really poor defensive error has cost us, that error all the more frustrating because it came from Patten, who's normally one of our best players in possession

One positive, if you can call it that, is that the result pretty much guarantees that we won't be relegated

For those thinking it should have been an easy win for us, probably worth bearing in mind our record at Bescot is utter rubbish, it baffles me that more is never made of that, we've never won more than once in the league Bescot in any season, even last season, also Bristol City's form away from home has been okay, in the sense it's where they've got all their points this season.

Make no mistake about it though a bad result, and despite playing well, and nine times out of ten we would have won it, ultimatley was probably our own fault that we didn't, as wasted too many great opportunities.

I was of the mind if we could get eight points from Bristol City, Spurs, Liverpool, and Everton, that would be a good return, and might rescue our league season somewhat, maybe even give us a chance of challenging for top six or even top five, and in theory that's still possible, but the week we've just had and today's result has made that seem all the more unlikely now

Edited by useless

Ward didn't walk around to applaud the fans with the rest of the team like she normally does but instead brought her daughter on for a wander around. I hope I'm reading too much into that...

I thought we performed very well today but Bristol took their chances and we didn't. We were all over them otherwise.

14 minutes ago, villaajax said:

Ward didn't walk around to applaud the fans with the rest of the team like she normally does but instead brought her daughter on for a wander around. I hope I'm reading too much into that...

I thought we performed very well today but Bristol took their chances and we didn't. We were all over them otherwise.

Be a shame if we changed her now, as she’s done a lot of good to get us where we are today.

We did pretty much batter them today but some really sloppy moments cost us the win we deserved.

• Like 2

Â