Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Next we've got Arsenal away, so unless we can turn this around it's looking like three straight defeats, ridiculously difficult start to the season we've been given

We beat Arsenal at their place last year. I'd rather play the top teams early before a rhythm sets in. 

The biggest issue for me is Dali and Pacheco missing. Pacheco on bench but has been ill apparently.

We're not taking chances. Nobbs and Patten should both have scored there.

We're still in this.

It's infuriating because this was a very winnable match even considering Liverpool's home form. Our chance creation is not good at all without Dali and Hanson, combined with both their goals resulting from pretty poor defending.

Edited by wishywashy
  • Like 1

As soon as that break was on, we had to make a tactical foul there.

Yet again, our defending lets us down.

Liverpool's defending has been resolute all game. Ours has been shocking.

This game was there for the taking.

We've not taken chances up front and been really sloppy at the back.

We haven't even had a shot second half according to the stats, utterly deflating to lose first two games, it wouldn't be so bad if  it wasn't for the fixtures to come, even Spurs will be difficult, they've just won comfortably and were only narrowly beaten by Chelsea, plush we have a poor record at Bescot, the start to the season we've been given is ridiculous, even more so when you consider once we get the first five games out of the way, and the so called easier games start, the first two of those are still away from home.

I think the start we've been given has pretty much destroyed any chances we had of getting anywhere near top four, will be doing incredibly well to get fifth again, as after a bad start it's going to be difficult to get going again, last season was the opposite we were able to get off to a good start and the built up momentun, that home win against Man City was huge, we needed similar last week against Utd.

Frustraing thing about today is that I don't think Liverpool are even that good, we finished comfortably above them last season and they sold their best player in the summer, I'd expect us to still finish above them despite being six points behind at the moment.

I'm hoping we can somehow sneak at least point against either Arsenal or Chelsea, and beat Spurs. I think we need to get back to lining up how we did last season too, we don't need to squeeze all our central defenders into the starting line-up, Blindkilde was one our best players last season up until Christmas, if one of Dali or Nobbs is injured she should be starting in central midfield, especially against non top four teams.

Just the perfect storm of everything that could go wrong going wrong. Fixture list was difficult enough without Dali and Hanson's absences. All game it's been a familiar tale to pre-Dali Villa where our final third balls were just comically bad. Combined with our pre-existing defensive fragilities (only one defender being signed was a pretty confusing move BEFORE the season begun) and here we are.

Edited by wishywashy

1 minute ago, STO said:

Liverpool look bigger and stronger than Villa.  They move the ball quicker too. 

Agreed. We needed to move the ball much quicker through them.

Every high ball we've put in has been headed clear.

Their defence has been great.

Â