Aston Villa Women

mikeyp102

Something something Leaping something

Good signing. Guess she'll take Lehmann's starting place on the right. Have a real strong team now. Any more to come, do you think?

13 minutes ago, Xela said:

Something something Leaping something

Good signing. Guess she'll take Lehmann's starting place on the right. Have a real strong team now. Any more to come, do you think?

I hope we poach a few more :D

• Like 2

This signing gives us a huge opportunity to play Rachel Daly at left wing back.

After all, it's only logical position to play the league's Golden Boot winner and subsequent Balloon D'Or Nominee.

😉

Seriously though, this is another great signing. Salmon, Daly and Hanson is an exciting attacking threat.

Very pleased with the incomings so far.  Our best 11 will give anyone in the league a serious run for their money.

Still time in the window for more too.

Just before we signed Hanson, Ward said we want another three or four if we can stretch the budget, we've signed two since then, Hanson and Salmon, so I guess another one or two are possible. We're pretty well covered in central defence and attack now, so Imagine if we sign anymore will likely be in the fullback and central midfield positions.

Whatever happens we've had a good window, van Domselaar, Lucy Parker, Hanson, and Ebony Salmon, that's one of the best keepers in the world, one of the best attackers in the WSL last season, and two young lionesses.

Sophia Poor going to be a top signing for the future as well, only just turned seventeen, but already played for our first team, could see at U17 Euros she has big potential, in theory should be a great move for her, as gets to train with van Domselaar, and work with Leanne Hall who is our assistant manager, but also apparently happens to be one of the highly qualifed goalkeeper coaches in the word.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, useless said:

Just before we signed Hanson, Ward said we want another three or four if we can stretch the budget, we've signed two since then, Hanson and Salmon, so I guess another one or two are possible. We're pretty well covered in central defence and attack now, so Imagine if we sign anymore will likely be in the fullback and central midfield positions.

Whatever happens we've had a good window, van Domselaar, Lucy Parker, Hanson, and Ebony Salmon, that's one of the best keepers in the world, one of the best attackers in the WSL last season, and two young lionesses.

Sophia Poor going to be a top signing for the future as well, only just turned seventeen, but already played for our first team, could see at U17 Euros she has big potential, in theory should be a great move for her, as gets to train with van Domselaar, and work with Leanne Hall who is our assistant manager, but also apparently happens to be one of the highly qualifed goalkeeper coaches in the word.

when did she lastplay for england

40 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

A bit surprised by another forward signing, although barring any potential departures it means we've got pretty strong depth up front at this point.

Definitely has the feel of adding strength to the bench and to allow for more rotation.  Her form at West Ham seemed pretty decent so hopefully she can come on and chip in with a few goals / assists.  Much like the men's team it feels like the gap between the "starting XI" and the bench is getting smaller.  Really does feel like we're make a determined bid to narrow the gap to the top teams.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

A bit surprised by another forward signing, although barring any potential departures it means we've got pretty strong depth up front at this point.

Daly, Hanson, Salmon, Lehmann, Leon and Magill. 

Plenty of options. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, allani said:

Definitely has the feel of adding strength to the bench and to allow for more rotation.  Her form at West Ham seemed pretty decent so hopefully she can come on and chip in with a few goals / assists.  Much like the men's team it feels like the gap between the "starting XI" and the bench is getting smaller.  Really does feel like we're make a determined bid to narrow the gap to the top teams.

Definitely still light defensively, think we have just 6 senior defenders (although McLoughlin can play as a FB iirc?) Saying that, Villa and Ward have managed through far, far worse. I remember how it got so bad over at Small Heath that Ward was having to name a bench with 1 player on it: and it was a goalie! 

Hopefully there'll be a defensive addition just to ease that concern a little: two would be nice but the budget would probably be a bit too thin for that.

We're still short at fullback, Mayling is the only right-back we have, and the only cover we have for Pacheco is Turner but that would mean moving her from central defence, where she was so good last season.

Probably short in midfield too, as if Staniforth gets injured then our only other midfielder that can play DM role is McLoughlin, that would be an eighteen year old in one of the most important and probably difficult positions in the team, beyond that only other option would be to play a central defender there as we did last season with Corsie before Staniforth had signed and when Littlejohn and Allen were both injured, and truth be told I'm not even sure if DM is going to be McLoughlin's long term position, she had a more attacking role at small heath and apprently did very well and actually played more advance in her recent England U19 appearances.

In attack we have plenty of options, Hanson, Gregory, Daly, Magill, Mullett, Lehmann, Leon, and Salmon, that's eight players in the first team squad for three positions, presuming we continue wiht 433 system, makes me wonder we could see a departure, or one or two of the youngsters such as Mullett and or Gregory go out on loan, then again injuries so rife in women's game can't really have too many choices, truth be told will probably be rare that all those players will be available at the same time.

• Like 1

Emma Sanders saying she's not expecting any more movement from us in the transfer window
I think it's hard for us to strengthen in fullback area as Mayling and Pacheco so reliable, so any new signing would find it hard to get a game, I guess Parker, and Turner can cover
No new signings in central midfield shows we have a lot of faith in McLoughlin, I wouldn't be surprised to hear news of a new contract for her soon.
Lucy Parker going to be a key signing, not only is she a very promising central defender, but can cover other positions such as right-back and central midfield.
Twenty-two players is a pretty small squad, especially as three of those are goalkeepers
Maybe we've got faith in some of the academy players, Poor and Mullett named in first team squad
Megan Shaw, Alice Keitley, Martha MacPhail, Bryony Donnison, and others I don't recognize have been training with the first team this summer
Then we've got a bunch of others like Ruby-Rae Tucker, Millie Round, Mia Sorrentio, and Millie Curnyn who are in same England U17 set-up as Poor
No idea how a big a role they could play, but I imagine some of them can fill out the squad and get some minutes here and there maybe
To be fair we have signed seven players this summer and would be nice to see a few more academy players make an impact

• Like 3

Â