Midweek Football 15/18 April

andykeenan

That's VAR in a nutshell I guess.

Probably correct in both cases (still not sure about the hand/hip ball) and the fans and the players get to cheer and celebrate, then not celebrate and then again, and then not, again.

It kills the moment every time it's used, but that's the price you pay I guess.

• Like 1

Spurs-Barca final would be my bet. Actually think Liverpool will be very difficult match up for Barca but Messi is in just god form this season.

Ball has run for Spurs in this competition....they had 1 point from first 3 games in group stage and were 5 minutes from going out in all three remaining group games.

Last 16 v Dortmund I thought was a 50/50 tie...Spurs won 4-0 on aggregate. A rare Aguero penalty miss pretty much was the difference over the two legs.

Ajax been brilliant but can see Spurs scoring a few goals against them. Think Ajax might struggle with the favourites tag aswell. Spurs have 11/12 Chelsea vibes I think.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Spurs-Barca final would be my bet. Actually think Liverpool will be very difficult match up for Barca but Messi is in just god form this season.

Ball has run for Spurs in this competition....they had 1 point from first 3 games in group stage and were 5 minutes from going out in all three remaining group games.

Last 16 v Dortmund I thought was a 50/50 tie...Spurs won 4-0 on aggregate. A rare Aguero penalty miss pretty much was the difference over the two legs.

Ajax been brilliant but can see Spurs scoring a few goals against them. Think Ajax might struggle with the favourites tag aswell. Spurs have 11/12 Chelsea vibes I think.

Yes that would be the obvious final but I wouldn't bet against an Ajax Liverpool final. I can see Ajax going to Spurs and getting a goal or two same with Liverpool at the Nou Camp

• Like 1

Â