Football Index Website

Villan4Life

I know I could probably look, but is there anything stopping me going this in Australia. Ie is this limited to the UK?

I hear the ads a lot when I listen to British radio but never looked into it.

Edited by Villan_of_oz

On 03/09/2019 at 10:12, Villan_of_oz said:

I know I could probably look, but is there anything stopping me going this in Australia. Ie is this limited to the UK?

I hear the ads a lot when I listen to British radio but never looked into it.

Unfortunately so! Only in a couple of countries at the moment!

• Sad 1

On 10/09/2019 at 15:10, Hitzlsperger_12 said:

I've been doing it since start of the year, only invested £70 but got a profit of £98.00 atm. Mainly Grealish and Mings.

I feel like if you buy a player here and there isn't to going to work for you. You've got to have at least 30 plus shares in a player to generate good profit.

I'd have to agree, I started off with £200 in it and was seeing no rewards really apart from the odd pound here and there. I've put a lot more in now and the rewards aren't too bad. Better than it sitting in a savings account however I'm starting to doubt its longevity. All it takes is some lack of confidence in the platform and the big hitters (£100k+ invested) to bail out for it to fall apart really. Not putting anymore in until it seems stable. 

Other than that, I much prefer it to conventional betting and find this much more interesting and fun.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Curious if people are still using this and if they're making any money? I'm tempted to give it a try and wanted people's thoughts/tips (is it worth bothering and any easy mistakes to avoid).

On 19/01/2020 at 17:16, Rds1983 said:

Curious if people are still using this and if they're making any money? I'm tempted to give it a try and wanted people's thoughts/tips (is it worth bothering and any easy mistakes to avoid).

Hiya mate, still massively into this and have made about 2k so far since July. Feel free to shoot over some questions in a message!

• 7 months later...
On 22/01/2020 at 00:13, BennettVilla said:

Hiya mate, still massively into this and have made about 2k so far since July. Feel free to shoot over some questions in a message!

do you still use it, don't really understand what happened yesterday seems everyone lost a lot of money.

Edited by villaluke

3 hours ago, villaluke said:

do you still use it, don't really understand what happened yesterday seems everyone lost a lot of money.

Yeah man still on there. Port took a huge hit yesterday with this new system. However its turned it much more into a proper market and I'm still confident in the product!

58 minutes ago, BennettVilla said:

Yeah man still on there. Port took a huge hit yesterday with this new system. However its turned it much more into a proper market and I'm still confident in the product!

what kind of players do you invest in?  i just invested in grealish at the moment. surprised how much more expensive trent is to robertson i guess that to do with age. 

13 hours ago, villaluke said:

what kind of players do you invest in?  i just invested in grealish at the moment. surprised how much more expensive trent is to robertson i guess that to do with age. 

I have quite a varied port. But I watch a lot of European football so that helps haha! Trent is more expensive because of a few reasons, he tends to score higher PB than Robertson so therefore will tend to beat him to that. He has England potential for PB and is in the media more! 

On 11/09/2020 at 20:23, villaluke said:

Don't be too shocked or reactive into the prices last few days. Without seeing the full depth of the order book it's currently very open to manipulation to push prices down. 

The current price is now determined by the lowest 300 shares and not the average. Using Trent as an example, he's £10 and might have 5,000 shares listed at £9.75. But if someone offers 300 at the very lowest they can it now displays his price at say £9 (maybe lower). However it's just the new 300 at this price and not a true reflection of the 5,000 at £9.75. People see this, panic and list their shares too and the price drops further. The person unliats their 300 at £9 and can now buy all the shares other people have listed for a large discount and trust that they'll bounce back. This should end when full order books are in place and you can see the full sell volume. 

IPDs are also driving a lot of volatility as ppl are jumping all over to get the current promotion of x5. Meaning ppl are chasing form players and dropping anyone with a bad game. This ends in a few weeks and should hopefully calm down a bit. 

Also, remember that previous profits based off market /buy now price where never real reflections as realistically you had to sell much lower. You're now seeing a more accurate display of portfolio value. I'd actually suggest that you change it further to show mid price and not top price as this is even more accurate (if initially painful). 

Whilst this all sounds painful, remember it's a short term pain hopefully. Full order books will help the market grow longterm, they've just started a big marketing campaign and have just doubled dividends so hopefully it should actually be a good time right now. 

If you haven't already start looking at Indexgain as they have useful info on there and even offer a free service. 

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 25/03/2021 at 16:41, Demitri_C said:

So anyone get stung by this? I had a feeling this was gonna end in disaster hence why i never played

The whole thing was big a pyramid scheme. How they got a licence in the first place is a disgrace. The lads behind it should get time for ripping people off. 

That said anyone with a large amount of money in this should probably have known better. The stock market works because you own a percentage of a company that exists and is a business. In Football index you owned nothing, just a name on a website. 

Edited by villa89

On 27/03/2021 at 16:49, villa89 said:

The whole thing was big a pyramid scheme. How they got a licence in the first place is a disgrace. The lads behind it should get time for ripping people off. 

That said anyone with a large amount of money in this should probably have known better. The stock market works because you own a percentage of a company that exists and is a business. In Football index you owned nothing, just a name on a website. 

I do feel sorry for people caught up in this, and I'm not victim blaming. It's entirely the fault of the people running the site.

But I've seen people complaining on twitter (with evidence) that they've lost their life savings on Football Index. What would possess someone to put their life savings into something like that is beyond me

24 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

But I've seen people complaining on twitter (with evidence) that they've lost their life savings on Football Index. What would possess someone to put their life savings into something like that is beyond me

I agree, you knew signing up to it that you were gambling your money. However as with the people who lost money on poker sites that went bust you do feel sorry for them. 

Â