Midweek Football 10/12 Apil

andykeenan

Just now, andym said:

Quality penalty by Ronaldo in that situation however. Don't understand the hatred for him really, he can be a prick at times, but he delivers on big occasions.

For me it happens too often, 90 mins where hes done next to nothing, real madrid been pretty poor, get a contentious penalty, scores it, gets his goal gets his stat gets his headline and his look at me celebration and its not a 96th minute winner lets go mental celebration its the usual shirt off look at my 6 pack celebration

I cant buy in to it

Hes just a prick and it takes all the gloss off 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, andym said:

In real time it looked like he just barged him over from behind. Even in slow mo it looked like there was an initial push in the back that made him lose control of the ball, before the foot came round to kick his chest (and a bit of the ball admittedly)

Quality penalty by Ronaldo in that situation however. Don't understand the hatred for him really, he can be a prick at times, but he delivers on big occasions.

GOAT so he’s always going to have haters 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, andym said:

Hatred is a bit strong, but you’ve answered it yourself right here - the guy is just a prick. 

I have no idea how you embed Twitter videos on the current forum software, but it was definitely a penalty.  https://twitter.com/rmadridsite/status/984178036433186816

Not sure how Juve are seen as some kind of plucky underdog either, OK they haven't got Real Madrid money and Buffon seems like a decent fella but we are talking about a club who have a history of institutional cheating here. 

Edited by The_Rev

Yeah id be fuming if that wasnt given for villa

Like i said though his anticipation is terrible, hes trying to bring that down under control no sense of benatia behind him at all, its clumsy as **** from benatia though, theres a photo in the comments, its he palm of his hands in the back that is now making me lean towards it being a foul and im pretty sure thats the view the ref would have had, if it was just chest to back contact then i still think i would say no penalty 

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

GOAT so he’s always going to have haters 

Yup, how many alpha strikers would have headed that ball down instead of going for glory. Plenty to dislike about the guy, but his footballing work makes it so damn hard.

Obvious penalty and red card. Brave by Oliver but right decision.

I'm working from our Turin office this week so it was an interesting discussion this morning. Safe to say I was in the minority :D 

Â