Ellis vs. Glazer

Condimentalist

Would you rather have Ellis or Glazer?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather have Ellis or Glazer?

• Doug Ellis
    • Malcolm Glazer

After all the fuss that the United fans have been making, burning season ticket/effergies of Malcolm Glazer etc.. I was jus wondering if we would rather see Doug (no introduction needed) Ellis running the club or an American who knows nothing about football and would raise prices for everything from tickets to merchandise by dramatic amounts aswell as landing us in significant debt which there are no gurantees could be payed back.

If it meant that we were likely to be in the market for players like Wayne Rooney, seeing chamionship league football, and about to embark or be on the back of a decade long period of being at the top of the domestic game, with kids from Carlisle to Cornwall wearing Villa shirts, and making huge profits, then it's not such a difficult one really is it? Especially if "they guy who knows nothing" can afford all sorts of advisers and is only in for making the club bigger.

Lets face it, Glazer isnt the ultimate man city fan is he? He hasn't spent all that cash to see the club wither and die.

When Manu were strong and winning things, they kept hold of their manager, not let him go down the road to the rivals, and backed him financially.

I suggest you read up on Glazer rather than read the paranoid rantings of Manchester United fans and The Sun trying to get a story.

Glazer will be good for Manchester United. All the things people say of Glazer are unfounded, and the accusations made at him are the complete opposite of what he has done elsewhere.

Wasnt he called a snake in sheeps clothing by an american judge? He seemed to think of Glazer like a man doing whatever whenever whereever, to his own benefit off course...

Maybe Glazer could have bought us... would definatly be cheaper :]

But for what its worth, i think Glazer is a rat.

I don't read The Sun, I read the Times and I've read what might be his business plan. I have not formulated an opinion on him yet. We'll see if he is good for them, but whatever I think, whenever you put a club in large debt with unhappy fans then its a risk, and it remains to be seen whether it will pay off. I'm no Ellis fan but hes not going to ruin our finances even if our team isn't what it might be.

I think that Glazer will be good for whoever he runs, but bad for the rest of football.

Ellis is bad for us, and by implication good for our competitors

No choice, voted Glazer

Its easy...

Glazer doesnt spend so much time and so much money to throw the Man U trademark away. I guess it is just pure business for Glazer, but on that road Man U will benefit in players that the club brings in.

He is a man that took a shattered baseball team and made them winners...would he go the other way with Man U? Nope...he will make this club stronger and if he sells...he´ll get more than he gave for the club.

Will Man U ever be the same? That is the question...will this hurt the traditions and legacy of English football? Probably...but he isnt first to do that...Abramovich is on his way to destroy the league and the history of British football. Something is ringing highly in my head..."The world is not enough".

Man U will probably take their trademark to USA and probably there will be a club started there...to play in the WFL or what it is called...

I think that this can sparkle a downfall for the Premier League if they not on their toes...a world league with the best teams can be on the verge of a start.

Guest RantinRob

I'm puzzled that anyone would rather keep Smellpiss than have Glazer..........................

Just a word of warning with regards Glazer being the best thing since sliced bread, at present he has a lawsuit against his sister with regards his mother's estate which he wants all of, despite the fact that his sister is seemingly entitled to some of it. Glazer has told his lawyers to keep fighting the case until the value of the estate is nil compared to the legal costs involved, this from a multi-millionaire! The case is at present stil running.

But having played devil's advocate I'd still prefer a chairman who is willing to invest £25 million per season in the side compared to an elderly man who has resided over the least successful period of our club's history!

we'd pay far far far far more for our season tickets and merchandise however.... could see a few people moaning then. But im sure Glazer would have more ambition.... but then a turd has more ambition than Ellis.

But having played devil's advocate I'd still prefer a chairman who is willing to invest £25 million per season in the side compared to an elderly man who has resided over the least successful period of our club's history!

Sorry Richard, everyone knows i'm one of Ellis' biggest critics, but i don't think that will stand up to anything approaching close examination. The last 10 years have been a case of ever decreasing ambition, or at least the ability to do anything but slowly take villa backwards in a reactionary slumber as his out of date ethos and business practices become less and less suitable for the modern premier league, I understand you may be refering to us being in the third division but though even i have used this as a stick to beat Ellis with, i don't think we can really lay the blame for it at his door alone, the damage had been done over the preceeding decade. Back then he was only one man as part of a proper board.

I went for Doug Ellis.

At the end of the day these guys are the same inside with two very opposing approaches to making money.

Both greedy.... except one spends to earn (Glazer)

and the other saves to earn.

Â