UFL (formerly XFL)

maqroll

• 2 weeks later...

As said above. PJ Walker will probably have another go at the big league. Nick Holley also perhaps

Edited by Tegis

23 hours ago, maqroll said:

Looks like attendance is down due to Covid-19. Shit timing for XFL.

Turned over to BT Sport to watch it but it's not on due to 'technical problems'.  That the virus or genuine technical problems?  Got two lasses playing squash on instead.

Edit, looks like the game is on just no coverage 

Edited by sharkyvilla

• 1 month later...

Now gone completely & Doubt it will be back for round 3 anytime soon.

The XFL -- Vince McMahon's pro football league -- has officially filed for bankruptcy ... just days after folding the league, TMZ Sports has learned.

A league spokesperson tells us, "The XFL quickly captured the hearts and imaginations of millions of people who love football."

"Unfortunately, as a new enterprise, we were not insulated from the harsh economic impacts and uncertainties caused by the COVID-19 crisis."

"Accordingly, we have filed a voluntary petition for relief under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code."

"This is a heartbreaking time for many, including our passionate fans, players and staff, and we are thankful to them, our television partners, and the many Americans who rallied to the XFL for the love of football."

https://www.tmz.com/2020/04/13/xfl-bankruptcy-league-fold-millions-lay-offs/

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

Saw the back end of one and a couple of great rules that kept the game alive for longer. 

6 points for a touchdown but could go for three from the 10 yard line. 

No onside kick & had to convert a 4th and 15 instead.

• Like 1

Suppose I better support Arlington by Cowboys-proxy.

Go... *checks notes* Renegades! 

I do love the fact San Antonio are in the Alamodome though. One of my favourite arenas.

Shame they couldn't get Houston in the Astrodome too. I just really like decrepit dome arena/stadiums.

Â