• John Terry
    • Nigel Pearson
    • Neil Warnock
    • Aitor Karanka
    • Claude Puel
    • Carlos Carvalhal
    • Other (please state)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/09/17 at 06:08

4 hours ago, Eastie said:

Michael laudrup with clotet as his number 2 ? 

Laudrup completely lost interest with Swansea, he never sticks around for long anywhere. If he's on his game then great, but I believe his temperament is dodgy, not really a guy for a scrap when the chips are down. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I remember Graham turner coming in as boss and he struggled - we have some high profile players who smith might find difficult to handle . 

We have terry.  He's high profile. I'll give you that.  The likes of Chester, Taylor Johnstone, Hourihane, Hogan are no greater in profile than the best players he would of had at Sunderland, Hull etc. Yes some commanded high transfer fees but i wouldn't call them high profile player's relative to what he's had before and still.......he can't get a tune out of them.

4 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

We have terry.  He's high profile. I'll give you that.  The likes of Chester, Taylor Johnstone, Hourihane, Hogan are no greater in profile than the best players he would of had at Sunderland, Hull etc. Yes some commanded high transfer fees but i wouldn't call them high profile player's relative to what he's had before and still.......he can't get a tune out of them.

I meant smith not Bruce . 

Bruce has played at the top level and captained man utd to many trophies - he should not have a problem managing big name players - have no idea If smith would command the respect of someone like terry , mccormack or gabby . 

Edited by Eastie

3 minutes ago, NuneatonVilla said:

My money is on John Terry like or not, probably one of the main reasons why he joined probably knew Bruce was under a lot of pressure coming into the new season and thought at least if he's around the club he might stand a good chance in getting the job.

Going by the appointment of RDM it would  be sort of high profile choice that would maybe appeal to xia - wouldn't be my choice though .

Noticeable that terry is 7/2 fav to be next villa boss . 

Edited by Eastie

2 minutes ago, NuneatonVilla said:

My money is on John Terry like or not, probably one of the main reasons why he joined probably knew Bruce was under a lot of pressure coming into the new season and thought at least if he's around the club he might stand a good chance in getting the job.

He's only just starting to take his coachign badges isn't he?

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I meant smith not Bruce . 

Bruce has played at the top level and captained man utd to many trophies - he should not have a problem managing big name players - have no idea If smith would command the respect of someone like terry , mccormack or gabby . 

Non argument for me, good players no matter how far up there own arses will respond to a good coach, regardless of weight behind their name when they come. Look at Sarri at Napoli. 

9 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Non argument for me, good players no matter how far up there own arses will respond to a good coach, regardless of weight behind their name when they come. Look at Sarri at Napoli. 

Exactly. Scott Hogan looked lively, energetic,  anticipation of what was going to happen when other players had the ball at brentford.  I think this whole "maybe he's feeling the pressure at a club like villa " is lazy, weak and a cop out. At brentford he had a very good manager of impressive tactical nous who got his players to plug into what and how he wanted them to play.  At villa he doesn't. Players will always respond to good coaching and tactics. 

Edited by Johnnyp
mistake
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Me too, the threat of Moyes hanging over us is enough to make me vomit... 'Alex Ferguson vouched for him' and 'he did well at Everton' are the only two things on his CV.

Fergie has a good record vouching for our managers :ph34r:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Exactly. Scott Hogan looked lively, energetic,  anticipation of what was going to happen when other players had the ball at brentford.  I think this whole "maybe he's feeling the pressure at a club like villa " is lazy, weak and a cop out. At brentford he had a very good manager of impressive tactical nous who got his players to plug into what and how he wanted them to play.  At villa he doesn't. Players will always respond to good coaching and tactics. 

Dean smith would probably get the best out of hogan , whether he would get the best from the likes of gabby or mccormack is questionable , not all players have the same attitude - the lad on here who knows smith posted he feels that the job would destroy him with the pressure of it all , whoever comes in is a risk .

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Dean smith would probably get the best out of hogan , whether he would get the best from the likes of gabby or mccormack is questionable , not all players have the same attitude - the lad on here who knows smith posted he feels that the job would destroy him with the pressure of it all , whoever comes in is a risk .

If he gets the best out of Hogan then worrying about Gabby would be pointless. If he could get Hogan, Hourihane, Lansbury, Codger, Green, Davis etc. up to speed then he'd be well on the way to averaging 2 points a game in this league surely?

The job is Taylor made for Terry, tho would prefer a more experienced manager I have no doubt Terry has learnt some incredible tactical nous from his managers at Chelsea, he's been managed by some of the best in the World. 

I bet he cannot believe some of the things that Bruce has been doing and I'd imagine is frustrated as much as us, he came to Villa to win promotion not fight relegation, could he be the new messiah?

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

If he gets the best out of Hogan then worrying about Gabby would be pointless. If he could get Hogan, Hourihane, Lansbury, Codger, Green, Davis etc. up to speed then he'd be well on the way to averaging 2 points a game in this league surely?

Indeed but he wouldn't be my first choice - jovanovic if gettable would be the one for me. 

3 minutes ago, romavillan said:

We shouldn't care about Gabby should have gone years time to move on. We need to look to future and we should be looking at building up likes of Davis, Green and Grealish.

Just now, Tommo_b said:

The job is Taylor made for Terry, tho would prefer a more experienced manager I have no doubt Terry has learnt some incredible tactical nous from his managers at Chelsea, he's been managed by some of the best in the World. 

I bet he cannot believe some of the things that Bruce has been doing and I'd imagine is frustrated as much as us, he came to Villa to win promotion not fight relegation, could he be the new messiah?

Frank lampard as his number 2 ? ;) 

Just now, NuneatonVilla said:

We shouldn't care about Gabby should have gone years time to move on. We need to look to future and we should be looking at building up likes of Davis, Green and Grealish.

Of course he should but some shocking decisions were made on contracts , including Bruce's decision on Gardner getting a new long term deal - madness.