Call to 'turn hooliganism into a sport'

Guest av1

And these numpties are hosting a world cup BBC

A Russian politician has proposed turning football hooliganism into a sport, according to a report from the Associated Press.

Igor Lebedev has drawn up rules for "draka" - the Russian word for fight - which he said would involve 20 unarmed competitors on each side in a brawl.

Groups of Russia fans were deported from France after repeated scenes of violence at Euro 2016.

Russia will host the next World Cup in summer 2018.

Lebedev, who represents the opposition Liberal Democratic Party of Russia, is also on the board of the Russian Football Union.

He published the proposal on his party's website, stating: "Russia would be a pioneer in a new sport. Fans arrive, for example, and start picking fights. And they get the answer - challenge accepted. A meeting in a stadium at a set time.''

Following clashes between his country's fans and England supporters at Euro 2016, Lebedev said he "did not see anything terrible about fans fighting".

Edited by av1

3 minutes ago, Mozzavfc said:

Why anyone would go to Russia for the WC is beyond me

Even with all the extra police they'll put on, it's going to be a bloodbath

If USA qualifies, it could be American fans' first real taste of football violence. And they aren't ready for it.

11 minutes ago, maqroll said:

If USA qualifies, it could be American fans' first real taste of football violence. And they aren't ready for it.

Nor should they be. It's Russia that needs to change, not America. 

• Like 3

People are going to be killed at this world cup, without a doubt. Wear an opponent's colours, and you'll be an enemy in the streets of Russia. After what happened in France, it's shameful that FIFA have let them keep this tournament. The blood is on their hands.

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Nor should they be. It's Russia that needs to change, not America. 

But they should be prepared as traveling Yanks in Russia where they'll be targeted. To not understand the danger and what things to look for and be aware of will be a big mistake. Hopefully traveling fans are informed by the soccer federation and State Dept., but with the Trump circus running things, I can't see it.

7 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Let it happen, if these dick heads want to fight why not let them do it legally away from where football fans won't get hurt.

Would it be limited to international football or would we have club fighting?

You have then got kids growing up thinking that the way to be passionate about your football club is by beating people up. 

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

Would it be limited to international football or would we have club fighting?

You have then got kids growing up thinking that the way to be passionate about your football club is by beating people up. 

Nah, let's just have a mass brawl where all the 'hooligans' who want to fight do it once and for all.

2 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Nah, let's just have a mass brawl where all the 'hooligans' who want to fight do it once and for all.

I do understand your first post, infact i agree with it principle. I've alway wondered why these idiots don't all just meet up in some quiet area, away from innocent fans and kick the life out of each other to their hearts content. 

But to actually make it a sport, not for me. 

7 minutes ago, av1 said:

I do understand your first post, infact i agree with it principle. I've alway wondered why these idiots don't all just meet up in some quiet area, away from innocent fans and kick the life out of each other to their hearts content. 

It's easy to see the reason when you don't buy in to the romanticised BS about 'noble' hooligans who just fight among themselves. They're criminal scum who have no problem beating the shit out of innocent fans who just want to watch the game.

Edited by Davkaus

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

But to actually make it a sport, not for me. 

My posts are tongue in cheek, I think football hooliganism is pathetic, most weekends I see videos on Facebook of football 'firms' having a scrap and it's largely 2 dozen men shouting at each other before they run off

if you want to fight, put Ina pair of boxing gloves and do it,   Every football tournament is ruined by these testosterone furled drunken mobs throwing chairs through cafe windows, let's get away from that, if all these ultra football fans want to have a fight in Russia, let them go to a field and have a fight, leave those who are there to watch football out of it though.

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

Maybe the US Soccer should pay for the Crips & Bloods to fly to Russia. :D

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

But they should be prepared as traveling Yanks in Russia where they'll be targeted. To not understand the danger and what things to look for and be aware of will be a big mistake. Hopefully traveling fans are informed by the soccer federation and State Dept., but with the Trump circus running things, I can't see it.

Absolutely. I would strongly advise all Americans and Brits to boycott the tournament, and I sincerely hope that happens. 

• Like 4

Its worth pointing out again that this bloke is on the board of the Russian football union. Look we all know that Russia isn't going to be stripped of the WC, but this is someone from tbe establishment endorsing hooliganism. Its absolutely staggering. 

Lebedev, who represents the opposition Liberal Democratic Party of Russia, is also on the board of the Russian Football Union

Â