Buying Barcelona tickets

regular_john

Hi all,

Hope I'm not posting this in the wrong place but I was hoping for some advice regarding buying tickets to see a Barcelona match in April. 

I'm looking at going to the Barcelona v Osasuna game in April, and as I've never been to a Barcelona game before I'm not sure about when is the right time to buy the ticket.

I understand that the tickets are all owned by season ticket holders and tend to get released in the run up to the game. Currently, each part of the ground has a handful of tickets available, few of which are together (I'm going with a mate so need two seats together). So, do I take the tickets that are available now on the assumption that what's left will sell out soon, or do I wait and assume that more tickets will become available over the next few weeks?

The whole point of the trip is to watch a game so I don't really want to miss the opportunity. A further issue is that the date and time of the game haven't been confirmed yet, so if I do buy tickets now and the game gets moved I'll have to rebook flights.

All of this makes me think I should wait for more tickets, but I really don't want to miss the boat and not see the game.

Anyone have any advice?

Never been, but I don't imagine you'd need to worry about tickets. Obviously Madrid games are different, but there were 7000 and 15000 tickets unsold for their last 2 Barca derbies, so a game against Osasuna you should be alright waiting.

I was there 2008 and watched a game. I had pre booked a ticket. They had a stand on La Rambla where they sold tickets back then. There were a lot of tickets left on match day and it was the derby against Espanyol. You get tickets for a game against Osasuna for sure.

Went on a stag do in March to watch them play Getafe and the organiser just got the tickets off Viagogo which was easy enough.

As Hanoi says there's also at least one stall on Las Ramblas which sells them.

As long as it's not a big CL game or Real Madrid you'll get a ticket, it is a 95k stadium after all.

Weird watching a game there aswell....we criticise clubs like Man. United and Liverpool for attracting tourists to games but pretty much every other voice around me watching the game and in the concourse at half time was a british tourist!

I can't remember who I did it through but I got mine through a bloke who lived there and dropped them off at my hotel, obviously a lot of trust involved! But he added about €10 a ticket rather than the fees Thomas Cook etc add

and they don't confirm the date / time, the Spanish TV games are different to ours they organise them the week or 2 weeks before

the game I went to I had a Japanese school class of about 30 kids sat in the block in front of me

On 28/01/2017 at 15:43, regular_john said:

Hi all,

Hope I'm not posting this in the wrong place but I was hoping for some advice regarding buying tickets to see a Barcelona match in April. 

I'm looking at going to the Barcelona v Osasuna game in April, and as I've never been to a Barcelona game before I'm not sure about when is the right time to buy the ticket.

I understand that the tickets are all owned by season ticket holders and tend to get released in the run up to the game. Currently, each part of the ground has a handful of tickets available, few of which are together (I'm going with a mate so need two seats together). So, do I take the tickets that are available now on the assumption that what's left will sell out soon, or do I wait and assume that more tickets will become available over the next few weeks?

The whole point of the trip is to watch a game so I don't really want to miss the opportunity. A further issue is that the date and time of the game haven't been confirmed yet, so if I do buy tickets now and the game gets moved I'll have to rebook flights.

All of this makes me think I should wait for more tickets, but I really don't want to miss the boat and not see the game.

Anyone have any advice?

I've been a few times.  Generally try and go once a season.

You can buy tickets online from the UK - but you will be paying way over the odds for the match ticket.  Tickets will generally be right at the back as well.  But at least you have the tickets guaranteed.

Unless they are playing a big game, you will get tickets over there.  For the Osuasana match, you'll be fine to buy on the day - unless its some title decider, could be at the end of April?

The real issue with planning a La Liga trip is that they can leave it as late as 2 weeks before to announce their TV fixtures.  So be prepared for the game to be anytime on Friday night, Saturday and Sunday.  Including a 9pm local time KO of Sunday!  Keep- this in mind when booking flights.  I usually fly out Fri to Monday.

I do enjoy sitting at the back of the ground.  Lets you take it all in and you can see the whole of Barcelona from the top.  You can sit at the back for the first half, then move further down for the second half - find some empty seats.  You'll also spot the Brits in the crowd, as the locals will be drinking coffee, but the Brits will be boozing - you can drink in your seats!  Good times.

Edited by philgetaway

Â