Where do you stand? (politically, that is)

The_Rev

So, where do you stand?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. So, where do you stand?

• Far left
    • Left
    • Centre Left
    • Neutral (if thats possible!)
    • Centre right
    • Right
    • Far right
    • i dont have a clue what you are on about Rev!

I've voted neutral as I don't follow any political doctrine as such, I make my own mind up on the issues at hand. If I was to kind of put my own personal philosophy into a brief statement it would probably be pragmatical libertarian (and please don't confuse libertarian with right wing its not)

Some things im more right than left and vise verce. In a perfect world though i guess i would consider myself left wing. But its not, so im not.

What the hell am i on about??

This things liable to get too divisive. We are going to need all the unity we can get if we are to have any chance of removing Herbert from office. You don't suppose this whole thread was started by him do you?

Like Bickster I think I'm neutral, but al lthe things I sympathise with, and that internet survey thing someone put up a while back say I'm a "leftie". But I don't think of it that way.

If you ignore all the media stuff, all the stories in whatever paper or TV you watch, if you just go by how you'd like to be treated and treat people, then if you're honest with yourself, and think about it just a little bit, then whatever outcome you reach, that's where you are.

The election threads that were up here, were to me intersting to a point, but it was all party politics, which isn't (mostly) reality, anymore than adverts or films are. They're a glamourised idealist version, "the Salesman's pitch".

Me - if the bus is late, or the train, whatever, I get cross (ish) and think why? If someone is dying, or struggling or happy or making something of something, same applies. Look at why and you can work out a few things. This helps people, this hinders people.

Take away the veneer, and the doctrine, and what's left is just who us lot are - people.

People are, in my experience, inately good. But maybe I've been lucky. Anyway, give everyone a chance, trust them first. Don't start off being too distrustful, as a philosophy, and er, that's it.

(Oh, and Ellis is a Tory).

And two Communists, both as bad as each other. Evil

I dont know.

Nazi's killed six million people. Commies beleive in an idea that works in theory but not in practace.

Id say Nazi's are more evil.

How many people did Stalin and Lenin kill...... Mmm think it probably more of their own countrymen than that.

Communism cannot work, human natures won't allow it...... Nazis are evil, so are communists

Â