Top Gear

Jez

Speculation over who the new stig is, being a short arse the current two suspects are;

Anthony Davidson:

416895.jpg

Sabine Schmitz:

64723172_5eb47d6dc7.jpg

would love it if its schmitz as im ever so slightly in love with her :)

Well seems Clarkson got it wrong on Sunday

The Mexican ambassador has complained to the BBC saying

The presenters of the programme resorted to outrageous, vulgar and inexcusable insults to stir bigoted feelings against the Mexican people, their culture as well as their official representative in the United Kingdom.

the new stig seems to be working the magic with the lap times for the celebs doesn't he ?

Well seems Clarkson got it wrong on Sunday

The Mexican ambassador has complained to the BBC saying

The presenters of the programme resorted to outrageous, vulgar and inexcusable insults to stir bigoted feelings against the Mexican people, their culture as well as their official representative in the United Kingdom.

the new stig seems to be working the magic with the lap times for the celebs doesn't he ?

It really was facepalm stuff but they went so stereotypically OTT that it became funny in an 'oh you didn't' kind of way. You'd like to think most Mexicans could take it in their stride though without being precious about it. It always annoys me when people get uppity about someone who is quite obviously just poking fun rather than being malicious.

The irony of course is that Mexicans are dog hard workers. I remember when I was over there, they were working before I got out of bed in the morning and they were still working in the evening time. It should be even easier to laugh at a remark when you know that it isn't true. Clarkson impersonating the ambassador asleep in front of the TV with the remote in his hand was the funniest bit :lol:

You can add 'lack of sense of humour' to your list of Mexican traits now.

Not that I had anything against them before... but to complain about that is frankly pathetic.

In the ambassador's defence, it is kind of his job to defend Mexicans so it's probably understandable that he did what he did. Ironically, I doubt he 'represents' the typical Mexican :)

They apparently lied about the Ferrari also - it does not belong to Chris Evans, it belongs to Nick Mason

It really is now a sad little program, and while Clarkson remains spouting out his xenophobic (at best, near racist) waffle it will not get any better. Totally in need of a revamp so that people who are actually interested in cars get more than Clarkson and his stupidity ruining the content

and while Clarkson remains spouting out his xenophobic (at best, near racist) waffle

you are the Mexican ambassador and I claim my £5

do you really think the Mexican sketch was racist / xenophobic ?

to the vast majority I should think it was clearly nothing more than a bit of light hearted banter based around a stereotype ... the day stuff like that gets banned for being racist or xenophobic is the day that our TV's will have huge gaps in the programme schedule .. I'm guessing you don't like Fawlty Towers or 'Ello ' Ello either ( actually bad example , nobody likes 'Ello 'Ello )

They apparently lied about the Ferrari also - it does not belong to Chris Evans, it belongs to Nick Mason

They never said the one on the track belonged to Chris Evans. They started the piece by saying Evans had once spent £12m on a 250 GTO. They never implied the one on the track belonged to him. That inference was incorrectly made by the viewer.

Also, it's a long time since Top Gear was about car reviews. It's an entertainment show now. You watch Fifth Gear or buy a mag if you want actual real life car reviews. For people who do like the show, Clarkson is funny. It was only when the show went away from reviewing the latest Kia 5h1tb0x that the show exploded in popularity.

They never said the one on the track belonged to Chris Evans. They started the piece by saying Evans had once spent £12m on a 250 GTO. They never implied the one on the track belonged to him. That inference was incorrectly made by the viewer.

Also, it's a long time since Top Gear was about car reviews. It's an entertainment show now. You watch Fifth Gear or buy a mag if you want actual real life car reviews. For people who do like the show, Clarkson is funny. It was only when the show went away from reviewing the latest Kia 5h1tb0x that the show exploded in popularity.

This.

No one wants to know about how good a car actually is unless it's

A. A ridiculous Super car

or B. tested in a very amusing way

Top Gear is still funny, but I think the scriptedness is holding it back somehwat.Not that it isn't entertaining, but there are certain things when we all know it's scripted and you just end up thinking "if this wasn't scripted it would actually be really interesting"

I was watching an old one the other day and it was one of the buy a cheap car and do a load of challenges...challenge, and it was great. Relatively unscripted with a genuine race at the end that I assume was all real.

Compare that with the "make your own caravan/mobile home" challenge that they did fairly recently which was, whilst still entertaining, ridiculously scripted.

I thought it was brave of the much-loved Boris Becker to side with Andy Gray over the Sky furore. That was a potential vote loser :) I wonder will the leathery Sue Barker mention it during Wimbledon :)

Top Gear is not funny though. It's puerile scripted now, it reminds me so much of Soccer AM, funny a few years back but now the jokes are few and far between with the same format that looks tired.

I detest Clarkson for many reasons, I think his knowledge on cars is poor, his views on life are pretty disgusting at times - bit that's probably another conversation - and his presenting style is one-trick pony. See the other two I like, and can watch programmes they do quite happily, James May especially has a few easy watchable programmes.

The content of the show is stale, the jokes are poor, the main presenter is a cock, the underlying theme of the show can be very interesting when they actually put effort in.

Tony - sorry but Clarkson has a long track record with borderline racist comments, so this was not a one off - the bloke is a prize bell end

Of course its my opinion, that is what message boards are about. Just because viewing figures are high does not make it a good programme, if that was the case then all of the soaps, X-Factor and the like would be classed as masterpieces of TV.

You like the programme, I find it tired and predictable, in need of a serious shake up. You obviously find that arsehole Clarkson funny, I don't.