Fitness

Kiwivillan

15 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Gabby is back, so the average fitness levels just shot up through the roof.

Good news all round.

Once again though, why is he in such a state as described by Bruce.  He needs a 6 week intensive course?!?!?

He was obviously around the plans in pre season as he got some game time, there was the talk of somekind of offer being made to him, so what exactly has he been up to and who has allowed him to continue last years spiral?

At the end of the day if we had a striker crisis anytime between the start of the season and now we may have been forced to use him so why is he not ready to go?  He's still been taking his obscene wage packet each month I assume?

You see some players who are out of contract training with clubs just to ensure they are in peak condition, they have desire, OK you can argue it's because they are out of contract and want one but I still have respect for them in wanting a contract and doing something to try and earn one.

Gabby has obviously had no desire at all to keep in shape just in case called upon which leads me to question if his attitude really, really will ever be right.  

If I had been him the last few months and really wanted to play for MY club that I supposedly support and are paying huge amounts of money to me for my outrageously wealthy lifestyle I would have been busting a gut training with the team if allowed or on my own around the place / with the youth team to show the manager I really meant what I said and really did want to get myself back.   Our Gabs has clearly been doing none of this.

16 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Once again though, why is he in such a state as described by Bruce.  He needs a 6 week intensive course?!?!?

He was obviously around the plans in pre season as he got some game time, there was the talk of somekind of offer being made to him, so what exactly has he been up to and who has allowed him to continue last years spiral?

At the end of the day if we had a striker crisis anytime between the start of the season and now we may have been forced to use him so why is he not ready to go?  He's still been taking his obscene wage packet each month I assume?

You see some players who are out of contract training with clubs just to ensure they are in peak condition, they have desire, OK you can argue it's because they are out of contract and want one but I still have respect for them in wanting a contract and doing something to try and earn one.

Gabby has obviously had no desire at all to keep in shape just in case called upon which leads me to question if his attitude really, really will ever be right.  

If I had been him the last few months and really wanted to play for MY club that I supposedly support and are paying huge amounts of money to me for my outrageously wealthy lifestyle I would have been busting a gut training with the team if allowed or on my own around the place / with the youth team to show the manager I really meant what I said and really did want to get myself back.   Our Gabs has clearly been doing none of this.

It's not just Gabby though is it, they are all out of shape. Jedinak and McCormack are especially out of shape. I wonder what has been going on at Bodymoor Heath over the last few seasons

1 minute ago, KHV said:

It's not just Gabby though is it, they are all out of shape. Jedinak and McCormack are especially out of shape. I wonder what has been going on at Bodymoor Heath over the last few seasons

In short? A revolving door of ineffective, in some cases poorly motivated and other negligent coaches and staff. 

What happens in games is a direct consequence of what happens or doesn't happen at BMH.

McCormack didn't have much of a pre season for Fulham as he wanted a move so that's why he's taking time.

Jedinak is just knackered from flying all over the place to play for Australia I think and in the RDM formations he was having to cover much more ground than at Palace.

I haven't been to Bodymoor Heath for years now, think last time I popped down was 2009 but back then plenty of players were coming out from just after 12 right through to 1pm.

Makes you wonder if we've ever had any manager who insists on double sessions. It's common place at most clubs now, Mourinho does it and done wonders for Spurs last few years.

You'd think some of the foreign fitness coaches we've hired would've been hot on it but the problem there I think is we always seem to appoint them mid season rather than in summers so it's difficult to change at the mid point as Houllier found out.

• 5 weeks later...
On 17 October 2016 at 20:55, Woodytom said:

I genuinely can not fathom how the worst team in Europe (imo), can be taken and spent 60m quid on, only to get worse.

Whatever you say the likes of lambert, sherwood, garde and RDM..... useless but complete morons? I'm not so sure

I'm lost as to the answer as I'm lost to what the problem is but surely it's not because we consistently put together 11 professional footballers who simply can't play football. Surely not?

Something so appalling just doesn't add up, not even in football. 

Barring lambert, I think that's exactly what those 3 were. Complete morons. And it's being emphasised by Bruce as we speak. I think we had a raft of problems but the quality we have in the squad and players we signed wasn't one. It was the manager, every single time. 

I actually came in here to say that I think fitness clearly was an issue after watching the work rate at Brighton. There's no way we could have maintained that the way we did before. But upon reading through the thread, I think I stumbled upon the reason for our demise which woodytom had already mentioned. 

Complete imbeciles as managers.

Â