Other Football Club Takeovers

meme

What it says on the tin. Discuss about takeovers of other football clubs here, such as the proposed billionaire Wolves takeover (real) and the trillionaire Leeds takeover (maybe not...)

31 minutes ago, useless said:

Looks like Robin Li is about to buy AC Milain. Wolves fans seem to think he's going to buy them as well, not sure if that's even allowed.

Why wouldn't it be? 

I just thought it would be a conflict of interests, especially if both clubs were in Europe, I though there was some sort of rule, but maybe not. John Percy has said that there's more than one party interest in Wolves and the agen Mendes is involved with one of them.

1 hour ago, useless said:

I just thought it would be a conflict of interests, especially if both clubs were in Europe, I though there was some sort of rule, but maybe not. John Percy has said that there's more than one party interest in Wolves and the agen Mendes is involved with one of them.

Hysterical-Laughing-Gif-16.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

No rule.  Red Bull own Leipzig & Salzburg to use one of the better known examples.

Well, it could be argued that at present both of those clubs are below what they're capable of, so you'd be getting potential bargains.  AC are one of the biggest clubs in Europe and they're languishing midtable in Serie 'A' and with the new money in the Premier League, getting a Championship club up would be a great return on your investment.  So it'd be nothing like buying Spurs who are currently going through a purple patch, have never been worth more and are relatively going to have their hands tied by building a new stadium.

• Like 2

there is an FA rule that no one person can own 2 clubs in england and a UEFA rule that no one person can own 2 clubs in the same UEFA competition, in theory he can own both and AC Milan can play EL/CL and wolves can sit in the championship and its not considered an issue but they cant both play in the CL

there is of course many ways around that, udinese for example are owned by a very rich italian man, his son owns watford, someone else owns grenada, in reality he owns all 3 but its not his name above the door, the red bull clubs will no doubt operate in a similar fashion, they are officially owned by a parent organisation, they will have different board members at each club so it wont be an issue

abramovich was linked with being a director of CSKA a few years back, i think when they had chelsea in the CL and he had to deny it publicly, turned out all he did was sponsor them at a rate that was 3x the going rate for a russian club, he had no involvement and there was nothing ropey going on, no sir nothing at all...

1 minute ago, BOF said:

Well, it could be argued that at present both of those clubs are below what they're capable of, so you'd be getting potential bargains.  AC are one of the biggest clubs in Europe and they're languishing midtable in Serie 'A' and with the new money in the Premier League, getting a Championship club up would be a great return on your investment.  So it'd be nothing like buying Spurs who are currently going through a purple patch, have never been worth more and are relatively going to have their hands tied by building a new stadium.

Ok a better example would be Chelsea who flirted mid table but we know that is  a false position for them. Didn't realise AC were performing so badly. If Li wanted a English club why didn't he look at us?!!

Â