Redundancies

sidcow

I quite liked it when Tony Parks was shouting at the players from the touchline. It showed, for me, that he cared, and was willing to speak up when players were slacking.

Maybe he's not the best goalkeeping coach, but I reckon it was more a case of 'how much better can he make Guzan and Bunn'.

Oh well, hopefully RDM will bring in some quality coaches.

On 04/06/2016 at 15:56, villanwesty88 said:

So you're saying someone like Lorna or Jack Woodward held the club back in a sense? Please.They worked tirelessly for Villa and added a lot of value - AVTV bought income and generated exposure. Lorna is very talented speaking 3 or 4 languages and helped with players, managers and making sure the engine ran. Clubs that are at the top have these kinds of people employed so they do add value. It is just very sad that they lose out thanks to other people.  

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Tom Fox the man of the truth, the integration thing for me is mainly a dressing room issue 1st and foremost. club captain and senior players should be trying to make the players feel welcome and if honest from outside that didnt happen at all. the liaison officer is only for needs at home.

Jack Woodward - AVTV hasn't impressed me at all. I'm a season ticket holder so I get it for free and I still don't watch it! I am not sure how much revenue it brings in but the potential to make it more is there. The impression I got from people's opinions is that Jack is holding it back and that it needs a refresh. Perhaps he wanted to move on anyway but it seems to be that they want to get rid of high wage earners and he will (likely) be one I would have thought. 

Lorna McClelland - agree with Zatman. Whilst I think she helped out with matchdays and the families; really what came across from the pitch is that the players were not integrating in the team and really that's down to the captain and the other players bringing them into the fold. It may be a case that Lorna has taken the blame and given the boot but it does seem she really knows her stuff and was the real leader in Player Liaison. If that is the reason then does make me sad; however I do not know, but my feeling is that she wants to do something else and would have left regardless. Probably though we will never really know. 

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

I quite liked it when Tony Parks was shouting at the players from the touchline. It showed, for me, that he cared, and was willing to speak up when players were slacking.

Maybe he's not the best goalkeeping coach, but I reckon it was more a case of 'how much better can he make Guzan and Bunn'.

Oh well, hopefully RDM will bring in some quality coaches.

Tony Parks - yeah good that he actually cared but I am not sure when he got here but the quality of goalkeeping has got worse over the last year or 2; Guzan obviously the example but he has been horrific when before he was really solid. The only info on Wikipedia(!) is that he was at Spurs from November 2008. That was the season that the signed Gomes and he was not good for them I seem to remember. They did struggle for a while with goalkeeping too; maybe Parks was part of that problem? It probably for the best though that fresh start with new manager will happen though!

In all honesty, this would have been better done on the training ground when it might have had some lasting effect.

A coach shouting at the players from the touch line just added to the sense that the whole team process was unraveling before our eyes.

In all honesty, this would have been better done on the training ground when it might have had some lasting effect.

A coach shouting at the players from the touch line just added to the sense that the whole team process was unraveling before our eyes.

I disagree. Firstly, you don't know that he wasn't just as vocal on the training ground. Secondly, I don't think him shouting gave any sense of the team process unraveling. I think that's only being said now because of the fact that we've been relegated and because of how crap we were last year. I imagine lots of coaches shout things during matches, and it wouldn't normally be highlighted as a bad thing.

Unless all 6 coaches + manager + assistant manager are shouting instructions from the sideline, I don't think I'll ever mind seeing our coaching staff shouting from the bench.

42 minutes ago, cyrusr said:

Jack Woodward - AVTV hasn't impressed me at all. I'm a season ticket holder so I get it for free and I still don't watch it! I am not sure how much revenue it brings in but the potential to make it more is there. The impression I got from people's opinions is that Jack is holding it back and that it needs a refresh. Perhaps he wanted to move on anyway but it seems to be that they want to get rid of high wage earners and he will (likely) be one I would have thought. 

Lorna McClelland - agree with Zatman. Whilst I think she helped out with matchdays and the families; really what came across from the pitch is that the players were not integrating in the team and really that's down to the captain and the other players bringing them into the fold. It may be a case that Lorna has taken the blame and given the boot but it does seem she really knows her stuff and was the real leader in Player Liaison. If that is the reason then does make me sad; however I do not know, but my feeling is that she wants to do something else and would have left regardless. Probably though we will never really know. 

Tony Parks - yeah good that he actually cared but I am not sure when he got here but the quality of goalkeeping has got worse over the last year or 2; Guzan obviously the example but he has been horrific when before he was really solid. The only info on Wikipedia(!) is that he was at Spurs from November 2008. That was the season that the signed Gomes and he was not good for them I seem to remember. They did struggle for a while with goalkeeping too; maybe Parks was part of that problem? It probably for the best though that fresh start with new manager will happen though!

Woodward, to me, was an embarrassment. Happy to see the back of him.

McClelland seemed to be very able, so I don't really understand that one. She was responsible for the players off the pitch, so to suggest that it was anything to do with what happened on the pitch and her taking the blame for that does not make any sense. She may have been a high earner, or wanted to move on, as you say.

Â