Weekends football 1/3 April

andykeenan

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Worst I've seen barca in a long time, all of the front 3 have been poor

Theyve all been in South America for international duty this week. First time all three of them have been on duty at the same time too given that Suarez's ban has only just ended. Perhaps the travelling is catching up with them? 

• Like 1

To be fair it's also one of the best team games I've seen Ronaldo have but I hate this "where are all the haters" he's scored a goal, that's what he does apart from that he's done more or less **** all, been better going back than forward

He's a stato wet dream and he's added to it but he hasn't had a good game

To be fair it's also one of the best team games I've seen Ronaldo have but I hate this "where are all the haters" he's scored a goal, that's what he does apart from that he's done more or less **** all, been better going back than forward

Because apparently he only scores against small teams and most of them are pens.

15 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Worst I've seen barca in a long time, all of the front 3 have been poor

Yes they haven't been great for a while and certainly Messi isn't the same as last season despite the goals.

12 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Bale been fantastic tonight, deserved a goal along with the assist for Ronaldo.

Nice to see the Real front trio outshining the Barca lot eh PaulC.....:)

Yes Chris its a wake up call for Barcelona. Mind you their defence has been poor all season. 

That's twisted to suit the argument due to what he's just done, the criticism is that he doesn't turn up or influence massive games in the same way that other players do, like I said he scored a goal, did very little else tonight though, if you're aiming the criticism or asking the question that this season he's dipped slightly, again I don't see how that goal or his performance tonight stops that question from being asked

Is he a bully boy stat padder/chaser? IMO yes, even after tonight the answer is still yes

My argument for Ronaldo is that I don't care about what's written down on a piece paper, I watch him play football and just get very little joy out of it, he's a man who's built his incredible record out of scoring a hat trick after having 20 shots in a match vs the likes of Murcia

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

To be fair it's also one of the best team games I've seen Ronaldo have but I hate this "where are all the haters he's scored a goal, that's what he does apart from that he's done more or less **** all, been better going back than forward

That's because there's so many people who take delight in calling him 'Penaldo' and jumping on his back after a bad game etc - far more in numbers than the 'where's the haters' brigade. 

• Like 1

That's twisted to suit the argument due to what he's just done, the criticism is that he doesn't turn up or influence massive games in the same way that other players do, like I said he scored a goal, did very little else tonight though, if you're aiming the criticism or asking the question that this season he's dipped slightly, again I don't see how that goal or his performance tonight stops that question from being asked

Is he a bully boy stat padder/chaser? IMO yes, even after tonight the answer is still yes

My argument for Ronaldo is that I don't care about what's written down on a piece paper, I watch him play football and just get very little joy out of it, he's a man who's built his incredible record out of scoring a hat trick after having 20 shots in a match vs the likes of Murcia

Salty?

He can only do as much as one man can do, don't really see how the result has a universal bearing on an individual's performance. If pointing out him scoring in 14 out of 17 in one of the most high profile fixtures in world doesn't put to bed the myth 'he doesn't do it in the big games' nothing will.

No because it goes back to what I said first, take away the crazy goal stats, he doesn't influence games in the same way that offer players do

He scored a goal in the CL final, looks great as a stat on a piece paper but I watched the game and can tell you it meant **** all given his anonymous performance that night

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

He is one of the highest scorers in El Clasico history and has the record games in a row think was 7

Iniesta is a problem for them. He is past his best! They might need to consider playing a second holding midfield player along with Busquets. i wouldn't write them off after one defeat and it was only the last 10 minutes or so of that game where Real came into it. They won 4-0 at the Bernabeu, without Messi but that was when Neymar and Suarez were on fire, Too many games may have caught up with them a little.The only 3 players that they dont rotate the squad with are Messi, Suarez and Neymar, they play virtually ever game. maybe one is rested in the copa

Edited by PaulC

Â