Weekends football 1/3 April

andykeenan

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Payets free kick today was stunning, keepers side too but it's so high and has a wicked dip on it, don't think it could be more in the top corner

One of the best free kicks I've seen tbh.

Quite a few saying Payet should be POTY. He's been brilliant but only since xmas, Vardy and my pick Mahrez have been good for pretty much all the season.

Interesting to think where West Ham would be if they'd had the squad fit for all the season, not too far off Leicester would be my guess as for example Payet missed two months.

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Iniesta is a problem for them. He is past his best! They might need to consider playing a second holding midfield player along with Busquets. i wouldn't write them off after one defeat and it was only the last 10 minutes or so of that game where Real came into it. They won 4-0 at the Bernabeu, without Messi but that was when Neymar and Suarez were on fire, Too many games may have caught up with them a little.The only 3 players that they dont rotate the squad with are Messi, Suarez and Neymar, they play virtually ever game. maybe one is rested in the copa

Go and watch Iniesta live. I went to Barca-Getafe a few weeks back and Iniesta gave a masterclass in passing and positioning. That said Getafe are terrible and going down so maybe he's not great in the big games anymore.

Atletico Madrid will be a very difficult tie for them, think Atletico will score at Camp Nou as they did in the league.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Go and watch Iniesta live. I went to Barca-Getafe a few weeks back and Iniesta gave a masterclass in passing and positioning. That said Getafe are terrible and going down so maybe he's not great in the big games anymore.

Atletico Madrid will be a very difficult tie for them, think Atletico will score at Camp Nou as they did in the league.

I have noticed Messi doesn't go round players as much as he did last season. Still a wonderful footballer but he gets the ball taken off him more than he ever used to. Yes Atletico could beat them, but Barcelona will score too at the Vincente Calderon. they always do dont they?So could be just down to the odd goal.

Their fans just seem too placid for a team going for the title. I would like to think if this was us there would be an atmosphere and if we scored mental scenes in the crowd not just polite applause for when Morgan scored.

9 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Their fans just seem too placid for a team going for the title. I would like to think if this was us there would be an atmosphere and if we scored mental scenes in the crowd not just polite applause for when Morgan scored.

Was thinking the same thing. Panned to the crowd after the goal and it was all just so meh.

5 hours ago, PieFacE said:

The atmosphere in the Leicester game seems incredibly flat considering they are so close to winning the league.  

Yes i thought the atmosphere at the king power stadium was suppose to be the best in the league, so maybe it was just this game or seemed that way on tv..

Â