Dark Souls III

Phumfeinz

I'll happily sit through videos from ENB, Lobos, FightinCowboy or LPDarkSoulsHD. All have very different playing styles and personalities that come through in their videos. Must say it must be bloody hard putting these videos together so fair play to them.

Having a few pops at the champion tonight. Have got him to within a couple of hits a few times but just can't quite manage that final one. And even getting to that point I'm dodging like a loon.

Edited by Chindie

Think I've hit my limit for the game. Can't beat the Champion nor the Armour.

Done far better than my usual Dark Souls experience. But smacking my head against 2 bosses over and over hoping I get a lucky run is not happening.

At the end of the credits following the last boss, you have the option to either go into ng+ or just stay in your game. I'd recommend staying in your game and killing as many NPCs and doing anything you missed before you go to ng+. Everything goes back to how it originally was in ng+. 

I was trying not to look up any guides on my first run and just play through without any info but I've decided to do some of the optional areas (that I would never have found) before really focusing on the Lord of Cinder. I wanna try and round up my character's stats too, get to about SL 80 and upgrade some of the incredible late game weapons I've picked up. I'm not sure If I'll do a NG+ yet. I'm thinking of starting a completely new build after, there's so much to do.

I think I mentioned this before, but 

Spoiler

You can change your build 5 times per play through via the Rosaria covenant. She is tricky to find though so I really recommend looking up a guide to get to her. 

80-120 is the soul level cap for the dark souls pvp community. 120 is mostly for people who was to do split builds. 80 is for people who focused on one thing. Both my characters are level 80. 

20 hours ago, Czechlad said:

I think I mentioned this before, but 

Reveal hidden contents

You can change your build 5 times per play through via the Rosaria covenant. She is tricky to find though so I really recommend looking up a guide to get to her. 

80-120 is the soul level cap for the dark souls pvp community. 120 is mostly for people who was to do split builds. 80 is for people who focused on one thing. Both my characters are level 80. 

I tend to prefer 120 just so it lets Sorcerers and Pyromancers play. That said currently the meta is annoying me as all I come across in PVP are people using the Estoc +10 and Dark Sword +10 which are the most OP weapons in the game right now. I understand crafting the best possible PVP build you can, but it's just a bit to try hard for me. I much prefer being that guy using weapons no one see's in PVP and using them so effectively I either win, or give them a run for their money. I'm just getting tired of getting stunlocked and 5-shot by a Dark Sword that requires zero skill to use lol. 

2 hours ago, Daweii said:

I tend to prefer 120 just so it lets Sorcerers and Pyromancers play. That said currently the meta is annoying me as all I come across in PVP are people using the Estoc +10 and Dark Sword +10 which are the most OP weapons in the game right now. I understand crafting the best possible PVP build you can, but it's just a bit to try hard for me. I much prefer being that guy using weapons no one see's in PVP and using them so effectively I either win, or give them a run for their money. I'm just getting tired of getting stunlocked and 5-shot by a Dark Sword that requires zero skill to use lol. 

I tried the dark sword and was very unimpressed by the move set. It also may get you easy kills against noobs, but people who actually do pvp regularly are able to dodge and parry the estoc and dark sword spammers with ease. I am using the butcher's knife and I love that thing in pvp. I do about 400 dmg with it on a 40 strength build so that is okay. The move set for it is great though. Very quick swings for a big weapon. I am not exaggerating when I say I really do wreck in pvp with that thing. I often join fight clubs and end up staying there for 20+ minutes killing basically everyone that challenges me. Highly recommend the Butcher's Knife. 

I've never personally taken Souls' pvp seriously, never seen the point. I tend to just enjoy running around naked, with a mimic head on and the silliest weapon I can find and just be a complete nightmare invading people trying to peacefully get through their game :P 

I think it's fun to just 1v1 fight someone. I also really like invading but I am pretty sick of coming into a 4v1 gank. I can deal with a 2v1, but 3v1 and higher is basically impossible 

OK... I think ENB has lost me.

He's made it to the Pontiff fight and appears to be trying to make out that he's not trying to beat the boss. For some reason. I can understand using the first attempt to learn the move set, but he's kinda making out he's taking it on half arsed for some reason. He appears to be absolutely obsessed with knowing it's entire move set to a tee. Anyone else would actually just try to beat it whilst picking up elements of when and how to didn't and when and how to smack it.

Everyone struggles with the Pontiff. I fluked beating it second time out, but easily could have been struggling 10 attempts later. He's obviously a better player than I am, but if I approached every boss like he is the disc would currently be in a landfill in many, many pieces.

He has been quite annoying this series. He's just completely in his element at the moment and gets rather carried away. There's something hugely compelling about his videos though, I'm finding myself quite gripped. 

ENB is struggling with looking human. A lot of his fan base arrived in Dark Souls 2/Bloodborne where on launch he was already a master of the game. He's half-assing or pretending he is to not look like he's struggling with something in Dark Souls, the downside is it makes him look almost arrogant like "I'm not trying right now, he'd be dead if I was" (not his words I'm paraphrasing). He just needs to sit back and chill a bit instead of letting the pressure of actually looking like an average first time player get in the way of good videos.  

Agree it's compelling, but blimey can it be irritating. His sheer hubris is incredible. He constantly assumes he knows what's happening and he's always wrong. But that doesn't prevent him acting on his guesses for massive chunks of time.

In the Pontiff fight he uttered the words 'ah I don't want to beat him with Second Chance anyway'. Then why the **** waste your time using it?! When he finally beats it he goes 'well we could have beaten that second or third time if we were really trying'. What the **** was the point of pissing about for the next dozen goes then?!

And yet every day I'm watching the new episode.

• Like 1

You guys probably find them compelling because you can't wait to see what he says to make himself look even more of a tit next. I find his ego irritating and he's not even that good. He pisses about too much in an attempt to look thorough but as Chindie says, he's nearly always wrong and doesn't have it within him to admit it.

I find his videos boring and at 40 minutes a pop unedited I stopped watching. I wouldn't want to give him the views anyway as he comes across as extremely arrogant and unlikeable.

I much prefer watching Vaatividya's lore and news and FightingCowboy's play through vids or the speedrunners. 

Dark Souls PvP has always been nothing but garbage for me. Pure lagfest and it's just a game of whoever manages to swing their weapon at the right time more than anything else. Shame because I think I'd like it a lot if it worked properly.

Â