Dark Souls III

Phumfeinz

On 22/04/2016 at 22:18, Chindie said:

That was what I was thinking of next I think...

The boss of the lake is a bit of word removed... Nearly beat it first time out, every other time since I literally don't land a strike... I'm struggling hitting it because I can't seem to get an idea of where I am in relation to it, and some of it's attacks are extremely heavy hitters... Perseverance.

I've still not beat this guy. Seems he's viable to beat with ranged attacks, so I might take a look at my bows and see what damage I can do.

11 minutes ago, nobler said:

Just looking on the internet for info about that boss, I've someone completely missed that guy, ha. I'll check it out in a bit. 

I've discovered it's totally optional but the area is absolutely worth a look in, there is a lot of stuff about there.

As for the boss...

Typically, first time returning to it, and it's dead! Yes!

Edited by Chindie

54 minutes ago, nobler said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Took me 4 hours to kill Aldrich, Devourer of Gods. 4 hours, I just don't know why i struggled so much. His second phase arrow attack is just ridiculous. When I finally got the kill, I just got the final attack in before he killed me. Was a beautiful moment though. I need a rest for a few days. 

This is the first boss I've struggled with so far.  Although I finally managed to beat him last night.

Loving the game so far.  The difficulty is certainly harder than both DKS2 and Bloodborne. 

• Like 1

Pontiff down at the second attempt. Apparently there's a lot of people that struggle with that one but I quickly discovered if you buff in the right ways and approach it carefully he doesn't hit that hard.

You sound like you're enjoying this one a lot more than the previous games, Chindie. Or are you just determined to complete at least one Souls game in your lifetime? ;)

A bit of both. I am enjoying it and an finding it fast less irritating to play than the others, hence now a good way into the game and wanting to press on with it. I liked the first game but it got to a point where I found it irritating to play that coincided with a moment where it began to perform appallingly. This doesn't suffer that so far.

And I would like to finish one ;)

That smouldering lake area is crazy. They often do this, they hide entire, huge areas in extremely odd places. There's even a hidden place within the hidden place :lol: A bit like Ash Lake in DkSI. From a lore perspective this place absolutely incredible. I'm really starting to piece together what's going on now. There's an absolutely bad ass shield under that big worm enemy too. 100% physical resist, fairly light, high all round resistance and recovers more souls from enemies when you kill them. Managed to get the Demon King down on my second try, though I somehow got stuck under his legs and was touch and go for the final hit. 

Edited by nobler

On 4/25/2016 at 09:25, nobler said:
  Hide contents

Took me 4 hours to kill Aldrich, Devourer of Gods. 4 hours, I just don't know why i struggled so much. His second phase arrow attack is just ridiculous. When I finally got the kill, I just got the final attack in before he killed me. Was a beautiful moment though. I need a rest for a few days. 

Wow that's crazy. Did you summon help? 

Spoiler

All you need to do is stay behind that boss the whole time. When he/she teleports, just immediately sprint to the boss and get behind. The only killer is the arrow arrow attack. If you see him charging that attack, just start rolling away. 

No, i'm not summoning on my first playthrough. I really want to get the maximum reward feeling from soloing them. Sometimes when you summon you can get a really overpowered player that kills the boss for you and it feels like cheating a bit. But yeah, I had the tactic down from really early on but i just couldn't avoid the arrow attack. Eventually i was using the stamina regen item and had enough to out roll it. 

Summoning has changed now. You can't summon someone who has +10 gear and is higher leveled than you. Their stats get pushed down to yours. It prevents people from staying at a low level, and getting advanced gear, then invading and wrecking. You can get someone who is adept at fighting, but you can't get anyone who is over powered. 

• Like 1

The enemies in the dungeon that drop your health as they look at you can **** off. Not only so they have very irritating powers, their hit box is bullshit and they have a very annoying habit of punishing you when you miss their shitty hit box with a move that holds you down and is basically a one hit kill.

55 minutes ago, Chindie said:

The enemies in the dungeon that drop your health as they look at you can **** off. Not only so they have very irritating powers, their hit box is bullshit and they have a very annoying habit of punishing you when you miss their shitty hit box with a move that holds you down and is basically a one hit kill.

• Like 3

Dungeon done and only need to do the boss in the Profaned Capital, who rally irritatingly I've nearly beaten 4 times, only needing one more hit before he's managed to take me out. Really annoyingly the last time I had him, lined up the hit, and he moved just as I swung.

The boss run to him is bloody irritating as well. It isn't far, but you WILL take damage 9/10 times.

3 hours ago, nobler said:

I'm currently in the dungeon too. It's horrible. Reminds me of the prison is Demon's Souls. 

I am there too! Better start invading to ruin your day. If you see invaded by Ksn0 then it's me. Or if you have character names as the invading display, then I am A Scottish Slag. I made the character after my girlfriend who wasn't too happy about that name.

Â