• Ravens
    • Jets
    • Giants
    • Dolphins
    • Jaguars
    • Saints
    • Other

9 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Based on last season it's hard to argue. Which 10 would you put ahead?

It's somewhat personal preference, but... Antonio Brown, Odell Beckham Jr, Julio Jones, AJ Green, Brandon Marshall, DeMaryius Thomas, Jordy Nelson, Dez Bryant, Allen Robinson, DeAndre Hopkins is my top 10 I think.

Alshon Jeffrey, Amari Cooper, Victor Cruz, Larry Fitzgeralrd, Mike Evans, TY Hilton, Julian Edelman are guys I also like, but obviously age/injuries would affect them going forward.

I'd put him ahead of Nelson and level with Robinson in that list. Maybe even level with Thomas going on last season. 

Baldwin is still massively underrated imo. Lowest drop rate and joint most TD's last season.

The best thing is we have everyone locked down past 2018. Schneider is a wizard.

TDs are a bit of an overrated stat. Obviously it's the aim of the game, but it's like a back who takes all the goal line carries, it skews their performances somewhat. I think if you're purely looking at a number, then yards is the way to go. Baldwin's best season was last season - he finished 21st in yards. This is with Jordy Nelson, Victor Cruz and Kelvin Benjamin not even playing a game. Dez Bryant, Julian Edelman, Steve Smith and Alshon Jeffrey only playing half a year. At that point, he's getting close to 30th and the argument becomes "Is he a #1 receiver?" rather than him being top 10.

1000 yards is a nice number, but it's not really a high end production anymore.

Considering we only started throwing the ball in the last 8 games, then it's not unrealistic to say that DB's numbers would(will) be far higher in a passing offense. (I say will now because we have 2 genuine weapons and a solid WR3 in Kearse locked up too)

Also drop rate is a key stat too. He just doesn't drop the ball. He's an outstanding route runner who doesn't drop the ball. What more do you want from a receiver?

Edited by StefanAVFC

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Considering we only started throwing the ball in the last 8 games, then it's not unrealistic to say that DB's numbers would(will) be far higher in a passing offense.

Fair point.

Last 8 games of last season: 724 yards, 12 TDs. Pretty exceptional.

13 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

He's a changed man. Ever the professional.

When you look at the players  Cleveland passed over for Manziel in the 2014 draft it seems even worse now .

Bridgewater , Carr , Benjamin , ASJ , Jordan Matthews ,Hyde , A Robinson , Landry , Freeman . 

At least they do seem to have some sort of plan now . 

• 2 weeks later...

So the Broncos are now offering Von Miller a guaranteed $70m over 6 years on a $114.5m deal.  They've basically upped their guaranteed amount and it's expected* that he'll accept the new offer.

* Fingers and toes crossed

21 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

That's QB money. Madness.

I think only Andrew Luck has a higher guarantee IIRC.  TBQH he's QB important IMHO.

On 30/06/2016 at 11:01, StefanAVFC said:

I'd put him ahead of Nelson and level with Robinson in that list. Maybe even level with Thomas going on last season. 

Baldwin is still massively underrated imo. Lowest drop rate and joint most TD's last season.

The best thing is we have everyone locked down past 2018. Schneider is a wizard.

Robinson beat Baldwin in every important stat and ties for TD's. Robinson also has to share targets with Hurns and Julius Thomas whereas Baldwin has less competition.  They aren't  on the same level at all.

Guy is a monster .

Top ten WR's from last season pro rata.

AB

Jones

OBJ

Marshall

ARob

Hopkins

Watkins

Edelman 

Smith sr

Baldwin