• Colts
    • Ravens
    • Jets
    • Giants
    • Dolphins
    • Jaguars
    • Saints
    • Other

Right, lets try this maqroll suggestion for a yearly thread. I put all this years playoff teams in the poll and added a few obvious contenders and a few that people on here cheer for. Couldn't add more than 20. Falcons, Raiders, Cowboys and Eagles fans might feel a bit left out,  sorry.

Anyway, can the Broncos secure Brock and where will Malik Jackson and Danny Trevathan end up?

Edited by Tegis

Peyton would be insane not to retire, but I could see him coming back next year, though not with the Broncos: the only motivation for Peyton would be to show that he's got "it" without Kubiak handcuffs and with a healed foot.  By the same token, Peyton's cap number means the Broncos will only bring him back at a big discount, as they need the money to keep that defense together.

That brings up the question of whether there are any teams that would be viable Super Bowl teams if they got a good performance out of Peyton and be improved by a decent performance out of a 40-year-old Manning.  I'd put the Texans in that category (the defense and the division give the first part and a look at their quarterbacking last season gives the second).  Beyond that, maybe the Rams.  Of those, the Texans should be much more appealing: Bill O'Brien could come up with an offense with a lot of pistol and shotgun to cater to Peyton's strengths.  Also: playing for the Titans, Jaguars, or Texans is from a tax perspective the best signing decision a player can make.

Related: if the Vikings don't want to pick up Peterson's cap number, I don't see anyone being interested at $10 million or so in Peterson.  But he might be willing to take $5-7 million from the Cowboys or Texans (he's from basically between Dallas and Houston) and stay in Texas... Watt, Manning, Peterson, and Hopkins should be able to win the AFC South and could put together a playoff run.

The problem for him going to the Rams is facing the Cardinals and the Hawks twice. Thats a tall order although the the Rams have a lot of peices to be rather good with a competent QB.
 Texands looks like a better option I agree.

But please, retire and keep the legend status rather spotless.

3 hours ago, leviramsey said:

Peyton would be insane not to retire, but I could see him coming back next year, though not with the Broncos: the only motivation for Peyton would be to show that he's got "it" without Kubiak handcuffs and with a healed foot.  By the same token, Peyton's cap number means the Broncos will only bring him back at a big discount, as they need the money to keep that defense together.

That brings up the question of whether there are any teams that would be viable Super Bowl teams if they got a good performance out of Peyton and be improved by a decent performance out of a 40-year-old Manning.  I'd put the Texans in that category (the defense and the division give the first part and a look at their quarterbacking last season gives the second).  Beyond that, maybe the Rams.  Of those, the Texans should be much more appealing: Bill O'Brien could come up with an offense with a lot of pistol and shotgun to cater to Peyton's strengths.  Also: playing for the Titans, Jaguars, or Texans is from a tax perspective the best signing decision a player can make.

Related: if the Vikings don't want to pick up Peterson's cap number, I don't see anyone being interested at $10 million or so in Peterson.  But he might be willing to take $5-7 million from the Cowboys or Texans (he's from basically between Dallas and Houston) and stay in Texas... Watt, Manning, Peterson, and Hopkins should be able to win the AFC South and could put together a playoff run.

I said on here a few weeks ago that my biggest worry is if Houston stumble upon a viable QB .They have a playoff defense for sure. 

What are the Dolphins looking like for the future? They're my chosen team. Does Dan Marino still play? (joke) :P

Surely they are overdue a decent season?

the phins hired a new head coach, adam gase. he was the broncos offensive co-ordinator when manning had the record breaking year for passing touchdowns and they made the superbowl. 

they'll need to find some cap room to resign some of their free agents because suh's contract is so large. they'll want to resign olivier vernon, especially if they end up cutting cameron wake, who's 34 and coming off a big injury.

The Dolphins finally seem to be putting their backroom chaos that's enveloped them for the 17 years since Jimmy Johnson left town*.  It's been a general manager leaning one direction and a coach leaning the other, often with a situation at quarterback that both inherited from their predecessors.  GMs hiring coaches, who outlast the GM, who get sacked by the next GM.  Consultants brought into situations where nobody knows who makes what decisions.

* For Brumerican, the game that sent Jimmy Johnson out of town:

• Like 1