The Premier league

VillaChris

So your friends will have started following Liverpool during there period of dominance in the 80s

im not disputing the size of there fan base, I'm questioning why they get picked for a disproportionate number of TVs games, it's not like they are title contenders 

Edited by Jimzk5

Getting more than United and City.... That's a bit odd. I would have said it's probably done on some algorithm by sky, say if they have 500,000 sports subscribers in the 30-60 age range other data could show 16% of those are pool fans, combine it all together yadda yadda they could predict that they will get 50,000 more viewers with Lpool v Swansea than Watford v City. Can then charge more advert rent etc. 

No idea about any of this BTW haha

Don't forget overseas Scouse supporters. Over here in Sofia they have their own supporters clubs and fill out the pub. I'm sure Man Utd have a bigger fsn base in Asia etc...but here, in E Europe it's all Liverpool.

44 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

Don't forget overseas Scouse supporters. Over here in Sofia they have their own supporters clubs and fill out the pub. I'm sure Man Utd have a bigger fsn base in Asia etc...but here, in E Europe it's all Liverpool.

Overseas isn't relevant to revenue from broadcast in the UK. Different contracts and probably not publicly disclosed.

I was slightly out with my earlier figures, a club is not guaranteed 10 games to be broadcast, clubs get paid an equal share of tv money, £54million, every club gets this, then if a club has 10 or less games broadcast they receive a fee of £8.25million or less depending on how many times they were picked (villa got £8.25million for 7 games last season), for every game above 10 broadcast clubs receive a 'facility fee' of £875,000.

so far this season Liverpool  have had 13 games broadcast on sky or by sport against Stoke, Bournemouth, Arsenal, Utd, Everton, Spurs, Southampton, man city, Chelsea, Watford, Newcastle,Sunderland and West Ham

so they're already the thick end of £2.5million up, and there next 3 PL games are, guess what...... Being broadcast.

Edited by Jimzk5

I hope Spurs win the league this season, they are not afraid to give youth a chance, midfield today was DIer, Carroll and Alli and with 2 good centre backs and a top striker I think they could be in with a shout

Dele Alli looks a smashing player too

Hope not, can't stand Spurs but they have been better than I thought this season and are well placed for a top 4 finish. 

In fairness I think the trio of Lloris and Vertonghen and Toby is arguably the best central defensive spine in the league.

The problem they had at the start of the season was Kane wasn't scoring as the ball wasn't being played forward quickly enough. They started the early games with a midfield of Dier-Mason-Bentaleb. Far too defensive minded. No surprise they've massively improved since Dele Alli and Dembele can in as both can score and both can run with the ball and commit defenders.

Really like Dele Ali. He reminds me of D*lph but with far more end product in his game.

I've said before the current England midfield options are a lost generation....Wilshere (always injured), Carrick (too old now and never trusted in his prime anyway), D*lph (not top quality), Milner and Henderson (alright but more graft than creativity)

To me starting the euros with Dier holding and Alli and Barkley further forward would genuinely excite the nation and would be proper long term planning for once.

• Like 1

Â